SFO GPS routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He got them the other day, sorry I didn't reply publicly. Thanks for coverin me Paul. :)

Hello all,

I am with a group of 7 FJRs from Florida. This is our first SFO so we need some recomendations for Friday and Saturday.

I got a copy of the routes the other day but would like to know the best 2. Between 200-300 miles per day would be ok.

Looking forward to a great SFO :yahoo:

Thanks,

Julio

Hello all,I am with a group of 7 FJRs from Florida. This is our first SFO so we need some recomendations for Friday and Saturday.

I got a copy of the routes the other day but would like to know the best 2. Between 200-300 miles per day would be ok.

Thanks,

Julio
Ok jemride I'll ask, are you wanting the best as in the "most twisty", or maybe the easiest, most scenic or maybe your talking about somewhere you can let the hammer down and go?

We can hook you up with any and all! <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,I am with a group of 7 FJRs from Florida. This is our first SFO so we need some recomendations for Friday and Saturday.

Thanks,

Julio
Ok jemride I'll ask, are you wanting the best as in the "most twisty", or maybe the easiest, most scenic or maybe your talking about somewhere you can let the hammer down and go?

We can hook you up with any and all! <_<
I think most of the guys in my group would enjoy a nice twisty road. :D But if there is some great scenery we shouldn't miss we may opt for that on the second day. Or if there is one that has a nice combo of both there is nothing wrong with that too.

I suppose you may be familiar with the routes Michelle sent. If you can give a brief description of maybe the best 4 that would give us some choices.

Thanks fjrrider for your help.

Good Morning Michelle,

Please send me a copy of the routes.

Thanks,

Mark

Update:Chik

Paul sent me the routes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelle did a really great job putting these routes together. I will give my opinion on what these routes consist of
Lead Hill, Hagerville Loop, 265 miles

The first part of this route (after Hwy 62) is meandering sweepers through sparsely populated farm lands. Then from Lead Hill south on 7, You go smack through the middle of Harrison, lots of traffic and such. Hwy 7 is very scenic (espcially around Jasper) and has some nifty little sweepers, Hwy 7 also carries alot of traffic (its a major route through that part of Arkansas). Heading north back to ES, Hwy 21 has little traffic, some great sweepers, its mostly rural (a few sadistic locals from time to time) and you can pick up the pace pretty good thru here (at your own risk).

hagervillewm6.jpg

Jasper Loop, 186 miles

From ES east on 62 to Harrison, a major hwy. Hwy 7 south to Jasper (see above). But from Jasper on 74 to Hasty, good stuff, then south on 123 going up the switchbacks. This is one of the primere sections of road in AR. Then back up to Jasper on Hwy 7 and west on 74. This section of 74 is also outstanding and very scenic, all the way to Hwy 21 (see above)

jasperlooplb0.jpg

Lead Hill Loop, 168 miles

The first part of this route (after Hwy 62) is meandering sweepers through sparsely populated farm lands. Hwy 7 south to Jasper (see above) 74 over to Boxley (see above). 21 north to ES (Berryville) see above.

leadhilldl7.jpg

NW AR Loop, 165 miles

These are some neat roads, but IMO, way too much traffic. Your too close to densely populated areas here.

nwarloopjo3.jpg

Pig Trail, one way, 75 miles

The world famous Pig Trail, really fun road. Again, IMO too much traffic.

pigtrailnk0.jpg

Push Mountain Loop, 292 miles

This top half, along 62/65 (major hwy) lots of traffic. from Mtn Home on to ES.... Top Notch, as good as it gets anywhere! Hwy 341, 27, 16... there are no better twisties!

pushmountainxt2.jpg

Push Mountain + Sweet 16 Loop, 319 miles

This is the exact same as the above loop above, except it finishes up on 23 instead of 21.

pushmountainsweet16wt3.jpg

Sylamore Scenic Byway, 260 miles

3/4 of this loop is on 62/65 (major hwy) The part from Mtn Home back around to Yellville thru Calico Rock (hwy 5) is great stuff.

Side Note: At Allison hwy 9 goes northeast to Melbourne, this may be the most twisty road in Arkansas, IMO.

sylamorefm5.jpg

Just post up if you'd like a copy!

fjrrider, thank you so much for the comments. This is great info. :clapping:

Hope to thank you in person at the SFO...

Julio