Shipping Two Jet Skis

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
A buddy of mine, here in Albuquerque bought two jet skis from somewhere in Florida. The eBay posting put shipping at $1000.

He bought the skis, but when he talked to the shipper, he was told the $1k was a computer generated estimate and actual shipping would be around $1800.

I tried to tell him to tell the seller they have to stick by the $1k "estimate" but he said that road has been traveled. I guess the skis are paid for and he has to get them here.

Anyone know how to ship two jet skis and their trailer for a lower amount of money?? He's open to ideas as I guess he has exhausted what he can think of.

U-Haul is $1k just for the truck, which wouldn't include his flight out there. Renting a car, one way is apparently even more, and he hasn't found anyone yet that can ship them.

Any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Uship.com when I bought my bike. You put your job out there and shippers bid on it, just like on tv. Had about 5 bids with big differences, Lowest was about $500 to ship from FL to TX.

I used Uship.com when I bought my bike. You put your job out there and shippers bid on it, just like on tv. Had about 5 bids with big differences, Lowest was about $500 to ship from FL to TX.
This. I was looking for just such a deal when moving back from Cleveland. My F150 was sucking down gas and my hitch was unused at the time. You can find someone like that or a trucker willing to pop them on a trailer.

As for the ebayer, I'd report him. If he's trying to screw him on shipping because he didn't get enough in the sale then he's got to be in violation of the terms somewhere.

Some national moving chains might be able to help if you can get the skis combined with someones move. You are going to be at their mercy so timing will not be in your control.

Riding them across the gulf and up the rio grande is probably not economical either. :)

Use a multi-carrier ship broker... you will get many quotes all on one page...

www.CarrierRate.com (least expensive but requires sign-up) if you call, ask for WES, he's jetski friendly.

www.FreightQuote.com (no-sign in required, quotes immediately)

Bought probably more than 20 jetskiis this way throughout the years. My most expensive ($hip) was less than half of what you're talking.

Riding them across the gulf and up the rio grande is probably not economical either.
smile.png
Still have to figure out the trailers, but this is genius!!!
biggrin.png

Thanks guys for the leads. I'm forwarding them to my friend. He's a contractor and tried a couple leads that didn't work. That Uship. com place was one. Only two hits, one really expensive and one that didn't work for some reason .

Jansen, I'm with you on the change in what was advertised, but I guess he's beyond that now...I donno.

I'll keep you guys updated...

I wonder what it would cost to sell the trailer, load up some fuel and food and ride those bastards to Texas. Big a new trailer and just get them home from there...THAT'S a phenomenal idea!!

Thanks guys for the leads. I'm forwarding them to my friend. He's a contractor and tried a couple leads that didn't work. That Uship. com place was one. Only two hits, one really expensive and one that didn't work for some reason .
Jansen, I'm with you on the change in what was advertised, but I guess he's beyond that now...I donno.

I wonder what it would cost to sell the trailer, load up some fuel and food and ride those bastards to Texas. Big a new trailer and just get them home from there...THAT'S a phenomenal idea!!
Yeah, that could work out real well with the hurricane season coming up...
drag.gif
omg2.gif

Yeah, that could work out real well with the hurricane season coming up...
drag.gif
omg2.gif
Gotta hate fair weather riders.
biggrin.png

How about a relay by forum members. May take a while to get em but it could work...

Rent a a Uhaul pick up truck and haul jet ski home. $1,100.24 for 5 days.

3500 miles (Mileage included.)
Plus fuel (and fuel in a 10' box truck won't be cheap -- Uhaul doesnt rent pick-up trucks for one way) and hotels and meals as well as the same to get there to pick them up and he's looking at more than the $1800

Last edited by a moderator:
Rent a a Uhaul pick up truck and haul jet ski home. $1,100.24 for 5 days.

It's 2 skiis, wont work.

I have an empty 2 place aluminum Triton jetski trailer that you could borrow, but me being way up here in upstate NY probably won't cut the mustard wake.

Rent a a Uhaul pick up truck and haul jet ski home. $1,100.24 for 5 days.3500 miles (Mileage included.)
Yikes!!! +flight +gas +lodging +food! That's an expensive way to consume 5 days of your time! I think that makes the $1800 look like a bargain considering the time and effort required.

Maybe selling the trailer is not such a bad idea. It was a while ago, but I had my JetSki shipped across the great white north for under $200 on a Pallet. On the trailer, you are essentially looking at a vehicle transport with a premium for not being self propelled. :-(

I like the relay idea. I'd even pitch in if I was on the route, but it would take a long time and there may be insurance issues.

Rent a a Uhaul pick up truck and haul jet ski home.

$1,100.24 for 5 days.

Plus gas and hotels and meals as well as the same to get there to pick them up and he's looking at more than the $1800
Yea, but he wouldn't be giving it to the seller who's trying to rip him off.
biggrin.png
True. But I'd rather give $1800 to a rip off and get my skis than to spend $1100 truck, $750 truck fuel, $300 hotels, $150 meals and that's just the return trip. Got to get there too whether flying at $300-500 or driving with fuel meals and hotel costs...

Still not clear if we are talking about 2 single trailers or one double trailer? If it's a one trailer with 2 jet skis on it, and if the buyer has a car, he can get a hitch installed on the car and drive it to florida.