Side Cases Crunch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudygarrido

Reaction score
Hi

I write you from Chile. I have a 2010 FJR with 7.700Km. ( my third FJR). Both sidecases make a "crunch" noise when I road. The problem comes from the two superior anchorages- it´s the rubbing between plastic from the case and the metall surface from the motorcycle-. Do you know some solution for this little butunpleasant noise?

Thank´s very much!

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
When the bags are on the bike and locked in place, grab each one with two hands and wiggle them. Do they move a little bit? They should be secure so that you can not lift the hooks out of their mounts. Make sure the bottom front mount point has the rubber piece on it and the bag sits on it correctly.

Are you talking about a rattle that you hear when you go over a bump? Or is it a friction sound, like a squeak?

Following up on the previous post, when the bike is delivered to the dealer, the lower mount for the bags is not on the bike, the dealer has to install it. It's been known to be skipped, so that the bags hang from the 2 upper hooks only. Not good.

There should be a shoe at the front of the bottom of the bag: a channel on the bag fits over the shoe which is attached to the frame.

sidebagbrace.jpg

Hi everyone

Geezer: The sound is like a squeak. And the bottom front mount point had his rubber piece!

I will make some photos or maybe a video to show the problem.

But thanks for your help

Rudy

You can stop the top hooks from moving in their pockets by glueing a piece of thin rubber (innertube) to the inside of the pockets. I found that one small square of innertube rubber glued to the outer face in the pocket got rid of the wiggle. Weatherstrip adhesive works well.

pete

Hi

In Youtube

I show you the sidecase crunch.FJR pilot, I think that you are right with the solution!

Thanks again