Single Mounted Heat Troller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
In the market for a new mounted heat troller for my gerbings liner. The old one went tits up awhile ago. I do believe the one that I will be looking for is made by Warm & Safe/First Gear... & not the Gerbings heat troller. I have already looked for one @ a couple of different places. The best price that I have found is about $83.00 shipped. Is anyone aware of a good place for me to get one for a decent price? If that is the best that I'll be able to do, then I'll buy it... but figured that it's worth a try to ask here.

Huh? How does that trade up program work? What are you trading up? The old harness that doesn't work?

Keep looking. WarmnSafe offers many discounts.

For example, AMA members get 18% off, some forums

get 20% off. That's about $64, plus shipping.

In the market for a new mounted heat troller for my gerbings liner. The old one went tits up awhile ago. I do believe the one that I will be looking for is made by Warm & Safe/First Gear... & not the Gerbings heat troller. I have already looked for one @ a couple of different places. The best price that I have found is about $83.00 shipped. Is anyone aware of a good place for me to get one for a decent price? If that is the best that I'll be able to do, then I'll buy it... but figured that it's worth a try to ask here.
I used this for my Widder heated vest, $8.99 on amazon. It works absolutely great for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQ437YM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

It was about 930 Hz PWM:

eYfzTbUm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? How does that trade up program work? What are you trading up? The old harness that doesn't work?
I would think it's the whole controller and the harness but yeah, I believe so. Also not sure about it being operable or not but don't think it has to be. Start here.

All of our Gerbing inventory has been sold except for a few items. You may want to wait for the new Gyde product that allows remote temp adjustment, wireless connection to your phone and really frees up your options for locating the controller.

Gerbing has been rebranded and is now Gyde. The new inventory will be available for us the beginning of November.

Your other option is to utilize the cheaper, yet same controller made by Tourmaster. Snergy 2.0 controller will run you about 1/2 what you quoted earlier. PM me if you haven't found a replacement yet.

Last edited by a moderator: