• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway Aux Light Brackets for Gen 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherman

Reaction score
I drank too much farkle Kool-Aid and now I have the Solteks on route to the house. So I need to find a pair of brackets to support said lights.

PM me if you have a pair.

I got my brackets thanks to the Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using Garauld's mounts which work well for the lighter Hella FF-50's. I had the Top Gun brackets on my 03' and thought they were pretty solid. Might work for the heavier Solteks. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in. Have a look at the Top Gun mounts below......

Top Gun Mounts

I'm using Garauld's mounts which work well for the lighter Hella FF-50's. I had the Top Gun brackets on my 03' and thought they were pretty solid. Might work for the heavier Solteks.
Not even close. The Solteks are a little over 3 pounds each....FF50's are probably about 1/2 pound. Even on the Skyway brackets they bounce a bit and he designed them custom for the Solteks.

He's looking specifically for Skyway brackets...leave the thread there. If he wanted to discuss options of brackets he'd have put it under Parts and Accessories.

I'm using Garauld's mounts which work well for the lighter Hella FF-50's. I had the Top Gun brackets on my 03' and thought they were pretty solid. Might work for the heavier Solteks.
Not even close. The Solteks are a little over 3 pounds each....FF50's are probably about 1/2 pound. Even on the Skyway brackets they bounce a bit and he designed them custom for the Solteks.

He's looking specifically for Skyway brackets...leave the thread there. If he wanted to discuss options of brackets he'd have put it under Parts and Accessories.
Please, forgive me.......I'm outta here

I'm using Garauld's mounts which work well for the lighter Hella FF-50's. I had the Top Gun brackets on my 03' and thought they were pretty solid. Might work for the heavier Solteks. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.
The Solteks will not fit ANY common aux light bracket for the FJR... not Gerald's, not Top Gun brackets, etc.

It's not just the fact the Solteks are simply too damn heavy for practical motorcycle application, it's the fact that they have a HUGE-ASS housing which strikes the bodywork well before you can fit the lamp to the mount. The Top Gun bracket might handle the ginormous weight, but we will never know because the Soltek housing is just too large to mount to them. :blink:

You need to get the Skyway brackets, or you are hosed.

There is no other bracket for this lamp, and this is yet another reason why IMO they are sub-optimal for sport-touring applications. The housing is simply too large. They are too heavy. The light output is so intense, it is virtually unusable unless you are truly alone out in the desert or otherwise away from any prevailing traffic (coming or going).

Good luck getting these Skyway brackets for your Gen I. My suspicion is that you are not mounting these lamps anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong.... but I don't think I am.... :unsure:

Damn!!! Glad I didn't ask for advice for a select razor to shave my anus....

Jus think what mighta happened if the skyway unit was unavailable.

WTF is happening to this place?? :dribble: It's outa control!!

I think I need to quit my second job, Drink a shit ton of beers, and get my ass back here on a regular basis!

:fuck:

:jester:

Latest posts