• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Skyway!!!!!!!! The sliders look great. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to add locktite to the bolts before installing?

Thanks Skyway!!!!!!!! The sliders look great. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to add locktite to the bolts before installing?
Being that the thread of the engine bolts are fine pitch, and a split washer is supplied (which is probably overkill) I don't think thread lock is necesarry. When I installed my sliders, I don't recall seeing any thread lock on the engine mount bolts.

OTOH I don't think the blue locktite would mess anything up either.

SkyWay "Late nights for multiple days has my mind going round in circles it would seem."

hmmm. too many 1k days burned them cells out did they?? :blink:

Can anyone tell me where they got the 12mm hex socket that fits the existing mounting bolts?? I've tried the auto parts store, the hardware store, even a bicycle shop to no avail.....

SkyWay "Late nights for multiple days has my mind going round in circles it would seem."
hmmm. too many 1k days burned them cells out did they?? :blink:

:lol: Not enough 1K days maybe?

Can anyone tell me where they got the 12mm hex socket that fits the existing mounting bolts?? I've tried the auto parts store, the hardware store, even a bicycle shop to no avail.....
The hex bolt requires a 10mm wrench, which should be readily available in most auto parts stores.

The hex bolt requires a 10mm wrench, which should be readily available in most auto parts stores.

Of course EVERYBODY carries a 10mm.......for some reason I thought I had read that it was 12mm and took that as gospel....I notice now that in Ian's instructions it says "remove (x2) 12mm engine mount bolts from both sides of bike". THAT is where I got 12mm in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Skyway,

Got my sliders today. Thanks

I am a little confused.

No instructions or anything, just 2 beautiful sliders.

My bike is an 05 and I am suspecting that I will have to alter the faring in order to install the sliders.

Anyway, I did a search and couldn't find anything on the 05 installation.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mark

Did anyone notice that the Sliders get real hot? I was showing them to my brother, he was noticed they were real hot. The bolt that holds them was cold. I think it's the heat from the motor blowing over them as you drive.

It's only been about 65 deg. around here. How hot do they get at 90 deg. ??

Did anyone notice that the Sliders get real hot? I was showing them to my brother, he was noticed they were real hot. The bolt that holds them was cold. I think it's the heat from the motor blowing over them as you drive.
The sliders on my bike get hot as well. The ambient temperature should have no bearing on the slider temperature. The slider is acting like a heat sink.

Folks, just want to let you know that once again you have cleaned me out of my current batch of sliders. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! Without divulging actual numbers, lets just say that I thought I would be sitting on a few for a while. Not the case I can tell you. They have been scarfed up at a rate that raised my eyebrow. :shok:

Anyway please, please, PLEASE, DO NOT flood me with PM's and email, all orders received before today HAVE been shipped. I have more on the schedule and will begin shipping new orders in about 2 weeks.

Skyway,

I found another post from back in December 05 that refered to the Safety Crash Pad Set.

I figure that I need to purchase this to get the brackets and hardware to install your sliders.

Sorry, 1st time dealing with this type of Farkle.

If there isn't anything more that you have to add then no response would be understood. Your a busy man.

Now get back out to the mill and make more for those who haven't seen the light yet.

thanks,

Mark

The sliders on my bike get hot as well. The ambient temperature should have no bearing on the slider temperature. The slider is acting like a heat sink.

Folks, just want to let you know that once again you have cleaned me out of my current batch of sliders. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! Without divulging actual numbers, lets just say that I thought I would be sitting on a few for a while. Not the case I can tell you. They have been scarfed up at a rate that raised my eyebrow. :shok:

Anyway please, please, PLEASE, DO NOT flood me with PM's and email, all orders received before today HAVE been shipped. I have more on the schedule and will begin shipping new orders in about 2 weeks.
Should I wait to PayPal or do it now?

Skyway,I found another post from back in December 05 that refered to the Safety Crash Pad Set.

I figure that I need to purchase this to get the brackets and hardware to install your sliders.

Sorry, 1st time dealing with this type of Farkle.

If there isn't anything more that you have to add then no response would be understood. Your a busy man.

Now get back out to the mill and make more for those who haven't seen the light yet.

thanks,

Mark
Mark, Yes for the 03-05 you will need to purchase the no drill Moko slider kit first to install my aluminum sliders. If you don't want to drop the extra coin for the Moko's, I will take them back off your hands, no problem. ;)

Should I wait to PayPal or do it now?
Hold off for now, unless you really want to be out of pocket for 2 weeks before I ship? :D

Didn't think so. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.