• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Payment sent thru PAYPAL(88.00) for a set of sliders for my 06 FJR.

THANKS

How did you send them? Can I just refuse delivery??

d&h drilled out my moko sliders that i brought with me last week... they will do almost anything to help out...

i also made sure the shop guys knew how greatful i was for their helping me out with a few of the installs for the ride home...

There are 2 people whom I shipped sliders to D&H who really need them to ride home. This does not sit well with me that what is going to show up will not work for the long ride home. The head size of the bolts in the package are 19mm for which that socket will not fit. If there's any way the guys at D&H can grind the head down for an 18mm socket to fit the bolt, this will at least get you home with fairing protection. This is a piss poor way to get the damn bolt fitted up to the bike, but right now there is not enough time for me to ship another 2 sets to D&H in AL.

Skyway -- don't sweat the small stuff. I work in the engineering/manufacturing world also, and get goofed up parts all the time (or distributor switches suppliers, and the same pn is not the same part! -- not your fault. Stuff happens.

Sliders look great on pics, and tons of positive press. Thanks for making them, and again -- don't sweat the small stuff.

I hope you got my check (snail mail), and am anxious to see the sliders (at least I'll have something to be looking at whilst I wait for my AE to arrive!)

Update for the "Skway 06 slider "waiters" :(

All of the units I have are done and will be packaged up by this evening and will ship out tommorow morning.

For the guys/gals who have ordered in the last couple of days I am running some more right now and will have them shipped by Friday. At this time I will actually have some stock on these as up until now you guys have cleaned me out on all supplies. After this week there will be no more waiting on these.

Now its off to build some units for the right side Audiovox CC mount.

Skyway;

Thanks for all the hard work on this one! I can wait a bit more, no problem.

one question; What if I want to use allen bolts to hold these on? What specifications should I look for in such a bolt? Do you use galvanized steel bolts?

Thanks!

Skyway,

Just got mine in the mail. They look awesome. Now if I only had something to attach them to. I guess I will just have to hold one in each hand and make vroom-vroom noises!

Arrived home from a business trip Saturday afternoon- and Skyway's sliders were waitin' for me.

Hope I put them on right - I'd been up for 40 hours straight !!! :blink:

Wonky really likes her bling. :)

68233720-M.jpg

68233713-M.jpg

68233723-M.jpg

68233725-M.jpg

Got mine yesterday, installed today, look very nice, fit perfect. Thanks Skyway.. Bete.

Dang, these sliders are nice stuff.....Skyway is a fine craftsman.

Thanks Ian.

Skyway,

Sliders are beautiful. D&H installed them 'gratis' and also ground the bolt heads down to fit a 18mm socket. Please send the corrected bolts to my home address.

Thanks, Luke

Showed up at my door on Saturday.

First class product, Thanks Skyway.

Ian,

I just got back from the PO and received the sliders.....very, very nice.....

Are these bolts the ones with the wrong size head?

Ian,I just got back from the PO and received the sliders.....very, very nice.....

Are these bolts the ones with the wrong size head?
Mine took a 19mm socket which fit in the slider without a problem.

Ian,

Check coming snail mail for a set of sliders. I will send you a pm about my address.

Thanks Steve

Ian;

Any word on when the second batch went out? I'm getting antsy in the pantsy hearing all these people who got theirs. I know I said I could wait, but I always hunted for my christmas presents, too. :D

You guys are going crazy for these dang things, talk about farkle fever. :dribble:

All current orders will all be shipped by the middle of the week and a surplus of these will be ready to go for anyone else who may want some.

Here are a few more pictures of Kaitsdad's bike I took of the sliders Sunday morning. The color of the 06 is schweet in the sun and I'm growing fonder of it every time I see it. Check out the reflection of the polished slider against that paint. :shok:

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Very, very good looking. B)

Now, does anyone make sliders to protect those pieces of art? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts