• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Hydration System Group Buy Dec11-24 - Act Now!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 20 or so payee's color options are now in the hands of the seamstress in order to get this ball rolling. B)

While heading over there, I got to thinking...... <insert gear grinding noise here> :p

Since things are going smooth, I'm investigating adding another option as part of the hydration kit for all GB players. If it can be done with little difficulty, I will be adding a black neoprene cover for the drink tube.

This IMO will really finish off the overall look of the product, since I can't be having my FJR peeps running around without the best looking bling now can I? :dribble:

I won't know until early next week if I can swing this or not, but I'll let you all know in due course. ;)

The best part about this option, is that I'm throwing it in as part of the kit for FREE! :yahoo:

2 more myself. I'm thinking Gin and Tonic in one and Captain Morgan and Coke in the other......

2 more myself. I'm thinking Gin and Tonic in one and Captain Morgan and Coke in the other......
I may have to consider some special engraving for you and renaming your system to be called the "Odot Mobile Drinks Cabinet". If you see this FJR a rockin', don't come a knockin'. :D

FYI - I won't be near a connection until tomorrow in the PM, so any questions, email or PM's will be answered then.

Iggy, I'm right there with ya on this - but don't you hate it when the Tonic and Coke go flat? Nothing worse than a flat Gin and Tonic when you're cooking along highway 50 .......

Iggy, I'm right there with ya on this - but don't you hate it when the Tonic and Coke go flat? Nothing worse than a flat Gin and Tonic when you're cooking along highway 50 .......
Well, At least it will be shaken not stirred :lol:

If it can be done with little difficulty, I will be adding a black neoprene cover for the drink tube.
Great idea if you can swing it! I had been wondering whether one would need to add something to keep the drinking tube secure, or whether the simple friction fit would be enough...

You're right. I didn't really think about this. Maybe the first one should be a Gin and Tonic and suck that one down first...the second one would be Vodka and Cranberry. Use that one second to keep the party going ;)

I saw more cops on US 50 this summer (out west) than I saw on any other road.....

One even had the nerve to flash his lights at me! <G>

One side for cold refreshment.... the other side should hold a few sandwiches or whatevas nicely...<G>

Mary

dumb question.... one drinking tube kit should be enuf for two coolers, right?

Just switch when one gets empty... I've only seen a pic with the tube stuck under the seat...<G>

Thanks

Mary

dumb question.... one drinking tube kit should be enuf for two coolers, right?Just switch when one gets empty... I've only seen a pic with the tube stuck under the seat...<G>

Thanks

Mary
There's two camps of thought I know of.

1) A single drink tube to your mouth with a T in it and two tubes to the two coolers. The theory is they draw equally from each cooler. ....however, if one does go dry you'll be sucking air.

2) Two separate drink tube and bite valves.

I'm going with #2 and will end up rigging both of them with janitor key retractors positioned behind my left and right hip (I have a fuel cell back there and some convenient D rings, so nothing under the seat. That way I can do Gatorade in one and water in another. I think less tubing this way with fluid to get hot....before getting to the cool stuff.

I think less tubing this way with fluid to get hot....before getting to the cool stuff.
Just blow the liquid back into the jug to clear the tube at the end of each drink. Then it's all cold, right after the hot air gets sucked out.

If it can be done with little difficulty, I will be adding a black neoprene cover for the drink tube.
Great idea if you can swing it! I had been wondering whether one would need to add something to keep the drinking tube secure, or whether the simple friction fit would be enough...
I will be including instructions on how to install this thing, though after one time, it will be hard to forget it's that easy.

For those who went with the drink tube kit, the jug will require a 3/8" drilled hole in the lid (don't do it yet as it has to be aligned with the outer bag first) and then a second smaller hole, say around 3/32" to allow air inside to replace the fluid that's being removed from drinking. Without the second small drilled hole, the seal is so good that it's damn near impossible to get a drink.

The drink tube is held in place by friction and I have never seen it move out of position. Keep in mind that the tube is exposed for only a few inches before its routed under the passenger seat area. This is also a good thing as when the jug is removed for refills, the tube just hangs there and doesn't touch anything.

The process of removal and installation is very simple and very quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
dumb question.... one drinking tube kit should be enuf for two coolers, right?Just switch when one gets empty... I've only seen a pic with the tube stuck under the seat...<G>

Thanks

Mary
Mary, 1 drinking tube kit would not be enough parts for 2 jugs. However, if I was going to run 2, as Iggy mentions, if one empties before the other with one tube being T'ed off to both water jugs, then you will be sucking air.

Running 2 jugs, If you only want to run one bite valve up front, you will need to have a shut-off valve in-line with both tubes right above the tops of both jugs and before the T. This will allow you to control both sides, by simply reaching behind and turning on or off each valve as needed. Then if one empties before the other, you will not be sucking air.

CamelBac does sell a small valve that will fit this kit and it's called the Hydrolock.

Last edited by a moderator:
dumb question.... one drinking tube kit should be enuf for two coolers, right?

Just switch when one gets empty... I've only seen a pic with the tube stuck under the seat...<G>

Thanks

Mary
Mary, 1 drinking tube kit would not be enough parts for 2 jugs. However, if I was going to run 2, as Iggy mentions, if one empties before the other with one tube T'ed off to both water jugs, then you will be sucking air.

Running 2 jugs, If you only want to run one bite valve up front, you will need to have a shut-off valve in-line with both tubes right above the tops of both jugs and before the T. This will allow you to control both sides, by simply reaching behind and turning on or off each valve as needed. Then if one empties before the other, you will not be sucking air.

CamelBac does sell a small valve that will fit this kit and it's called the Hydrolock.
Ok, two sucky kits, then! <LOL>

I still dont' understand why the tube has to go under the seat, but I'll just wait until I see the directions...

I have a Camelback, but have never used it on a bike... doesnt' work well with a backrest...<G>

Ok, check's in the mail tomorrow... It's NLF today.... aint' gong nowhere! <G>

Thanks,

Mary

"Well I paid, maybe too much but its done." Translation.......

I must stop buying farkles... I must stop buying farkles... I must stop buying farkles.... I must buy more farkles.... <BG>

Ok, two sucky kits, then! <LOL>I still dont' understand why the tube has to go under the seat, but I'll just wait until I see the directions...

Thanks,

Mary
You do not have to run the tube under the seat, it can routed any you want it up to the front of the bike. There really isn't one way to do this.

The reason why I went under the seat is because I didn't want any issue with tangling with the drink tube while getting on/off, or while riding the bike. The under seat routing is IMO the cleanest look for dealing with the drink tube.

I'm sure after these kits are delivered were going to see all kinds of variations on how to do this, as there are many here who are very innovative when it comes to farkle execution. I look forward to this, since I know I'm going to learn something new as well.

Also if you only intend on using 1 bite valve up front with 2 jugs, then I will modify the bite valve kit, and supply you with the correct fittings needed to accomplish this. I will also discount the total cost of both kits by $6.00 because of the now surplus bite valve.

Skyway,

Was wondering if I could pay for the kit now and pick it up in May. I'd save the $10.00 in exchange for getting Sonora for my Political Grand Tour ride.

Skyway,Was wondering if I could pay for the kit now and pick it up in May. I'd save the $10.00 in exchange for getting Sonora for my Political Grand Tour ride.
You planning on pushing your bike from Napa to Sonora? :lol:

I will hold one for you. ;)

Skyway,

Was wondering if I could pay for the kit now and pick it up in May. I'd save the $10.00 in exchange for getting Sonora for my Political Grand Tour ride.
You planning on pushing your bike from Napa to Sonora? :lol:

I will hold one for you. ;)
PUSH!!!! surely you jest...I'll purchase one today and add a note to remind you I'll pick it up in May. I'll keep in touch to set up a good day and time.

Thanks....

Motorgod (Paul)

Ok, two sucky kits, then! <LOL>

I still dont' understand why the tube has to go under the seat, but I'll just wait until I see the directions...

Thanks,

Mary
You do not have to run the tube under the seat, it can routed any you want it up to the front of the bike. There really isn't one way to do this.

The reason why I went under the seat is because I didn't want any issue with tangling with the drink tube while getting on/off, or while riding the bike. The under seat routing is IMO the cleanest look for dealing with the drink tube.

I'm sure after these kits are delivered were going to see all kinds of variations on how to do this, as there are many here who are very innovative when it comes to farkle execution. I look forward to this, since I know I'm going to learn something new as well.

Also if you only intend on using 1 bite valve up front with 2 jugs, then I will modify the bite valve kit, and supply you with the correct fittings needed to accomplish this. I will also discount the total cost of both kits by $6.00 because of the now surplus bite valve.

Now that makes sense! I have enuf problems remember to disconnect the wiring from the heated jacket and the headphones....<BG>

I'll just get 2 kits.... with my luck, I'll do somethng stupid and either lose one or mess it up...<G>

Thanks

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.