Slippery seat problem.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMNSHO, about the only fixes, leather being what it is, are re-covering with suede (blue recommended for Elvis fans), which has its problems, or finding different riding gear with grippy pants. Tank knee pads aren't a bad idea, but 200 miles of knee gripping gets old fast. I suppose Plan C is a saddle with enough shaping to discourage sliding. OTOH that doesn't leave much opportunity to shift positions on a long ride.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the tree. ;)

I read a newspaper article years ago dealing with high end leather furniture. Pros in the field all recommended Lexol for leather cleaning and treating. I used to use it on a leather couch I had with great results.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect it won't work so well on the vinyl seat material on my Laam seat. ;)

I remember in the 70's we were washing our bikes. I went and took a shower and my roommate Armour-alled my seat.

Kicked it in the parking lot and almost killed myself.

Ended up flat-bedding my 03 WRX to the dealership after a car wash armor-alled the tires while detailing it... INCLUDING THE TREAD. Came out onto a 40mph cross street on a clear, dry day and it was like being on sheet ice. Nurfed the right side suspension against a curb while trying everything to not do that.

Um, I assume your insurance is going to have a chat with their insurance? And the responding officers immediately dosed you with Valium to keep you from killing the car wash worker bees?

With an 03 WRX? Fascinating. But totally illogical

EmotionalDisguisedChinesecrocodilelizard-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd. We put Armor-all on our seats when at the track so we could slide around. I guess what the OP really needs is this:https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Repositionable-75-Spray-Adhesive/?N=5002385+3294224956&rt=rudThat will keep you put, and it's repositionable ...
I am NOT clicking that link. "That will keep you put, and it's repositionable."

It's probably some unspeakable, disgusting, rubberized, suction-cup thingie.
Well it's not as bad as the "seat" on Mr. Garrison's monocycle from South Park...... ;)

Reminds me of a work story. I wasn't there at the time but one of the older fellows who was let us say a little rotund at the time slipped out of his vinyl chair at work and hit the floor. Needless to say he put a couple of those sticky sandpaper strips on his chair so it wouldn't happen again.

Give it a try, LOL

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: