• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2008 FJR-1300A, 53000 miles, Southern California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morecowbell

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
It's not my bike, but my buddy has a spare FJR that he needs to sell to gain some garage space. I don't think he's a member of this forum, so I'll just post a link to his Cycle Trader listing:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2008-Yamaha-Fjr1300-A-117435210

He bought it new in 2009 and rode it until he bought a '12 FJR in early '14. The '08 hasn't been ridden very much since. He recently rebuilt the forks, and the valves were inspected/adjusted. I got to help with that project, which was very educational. All valves clearances were not just brought to the spec limits, but to the middle of the spec range, so they should be good to go for quite a while. It's really clean, but with the usual nicks from the road that are picked up over 53000 miles. Never crashed, but I did laugh my ass off when he tipped it over at a gas pump a while back. It has the WynPro block-off plates installed, as well as Centex fuse block. The rest of the farkles were moved over to his new FJR. The only thing it needs is a heated-grip kit (if you're a wimp like me), and the rear shock must be getting pretty tired by now.

It's currently taking up space in his garage next to his '12 FJR and older Aprilia, so he wants the '08 GONE. He's got it priced at $5300, but will take a reasonable offer. Give him a call at the # on the CycleTrader listing, or shoot me a PM and maybe I can help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cycle Trader ad says 5,300 miles. I wouldn't care though, 5,300 hundred or 53,000, $5,600 asking is a steal for that bike! GLWTS!

Yep, I saw that typo when I found the C.T. listing. It's actually 53000, but he mentioned the actual mileage in the description for the ad. I'll mention it to him and see if he can update the title. He's had two calls about it so far from forum members, so hopefully the bike won't be a garage queen much longer.

Had a chance to check this bike out. It is in spectacular mechanical condition! You could eat off of it. The owner is meticulous about keeping all three of the bikes he has in tip-top condition. This is a great buy for someone! Not ruling myself out yet! Heard a couple of Morecowbell stories too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This bike is sold! She is going to make an excellent addition to my collection of Yamaha FJsomethings parked alongside my FJ-09! She is a sweet bike for sure!

Thanks for the hospitality today to morecowbell and his buddy! It was quite the tour of the Palm Springs area. I'm in love with this thing and the FJR community seems just great!

Now all I need to do is burn through a set or two of rubber!

bruin, it was great to meet you today. That all happened so fast!

The timing kinda sucked for traffic though, sorry about that. Monterey Ave enroute to HW74 is usually a mess this time of year, clogged with snowbirds doing 10 under the limit in all lanes. It's incredibly frustrating most of the time. I guess that's the price we pay for having mostly great weather this time of year.

Have fun with that FJR!