solo sport tail for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only thing similar I know of....

yfjr13smug_1.jpg

Corbin smuggler

Last edited by a moderator:
Give them a few days and a few million dollars in R & D to justify their exorbitant prices.

One question I haven't seen answered on the Smuggler is if it works OK with the stock driver's half or is a Corbin solo required?

Give them a few days and a few million dollars in R & D to justify their exoritant prices.
One question I haven't seen answered on the Smuggler is if it works OK with the stock driver's half or is a Corbin solo required?
From their website.

As a part of our modular seating system, we have created this very slick Smuggler trunk design that will integrate with either the Corbin front saddle or your stock front seat. :p

Give them a few days and a few million dollars in R & D to justify their exoritant prices.

From their website.

As a part of our modular seating system, we have created this very slick Smuggler trunk design that will integrate with either the Corbin front saddle or your stock front seat. :p

What?

You didn't expect Howie to actually go to their website and get any information, did you? Howie ONLY gets his information from fjrforum.com. If the info doesn't come and slap him upside the head, well.......then it's info that just isn't worth having.

Poor, mis-guided soul.

:fuck:

Sorry Mrs Corbin,

I woulda read the whole page, but I was afraid you'd charge me for logging on to your website.

By the way, your Marketing Director, aka SkooterG, mistreats your potential customers badly.

Skoot,
Lighten up on Howie... his vagina still hurts...

"Still?" Hell, "always!"

no ,, not what I am talking about at all ,, not looking for more crap ,, looking for less !!!!

was thinking more of a solo sport tail ,, like a sport bike !!!

you know R1 ,, R6 ,,

ok , let me try this out

what I want is to replace the entire seat and rear section including the undertail with a custom one piece solo seat tail ,, and add a carbon fibre shorty fender ,,

any help??

ok , let me try this out what I want is to replace the entire seat and rear section including the undertail with a custom one piece solo seat tail ,, and add a carbon fibre shorty fender ,,

any help??
Have not seen anything close to what you're looking for... I have a hotbodies setup coming for the R6 I'll compare to see how close it might be.

If you find something close you can always use some fiberglass repair kits and refab on to work on the FJR..... Just an idea :D

Havnen't seen anything like that... would probably need to be a custom fiberglass job...

It's like the old hot rodders moto, "You can make anything fit anything if you have enough time and money", with a Big emphesis on money. PM. <>< :D

ok , let me try this out what I want is to replace the entire seat and rear section including the undertail with a custom one piece solo seat tail ,, and add a carbon fibre shorty fender ,,

any help??
I like what you are thinking galxy5. I was just saying to some friends, I love the front end but if I had designed the bike the rear end would be more sport bike like with chain drive.

I have seen huggers but nothing to replace the entire seat section to make it smaller etc.

I would be interested to see it if you ever figure anything out.

just got off the phone with hotbodies racing ,, and I 'm going to get an YZF ss tail and try it out ,,

I am a body man and some custom work to make it fit will be no problemo ,, I have completed the fairing changes and am just waiting on parts to finish the tail ,, I have a carbon fibre hugger ordered ,,

I am doing this for track days at VIR ,, and land speed racing at Maxton ,, lighter is faster ,, I do belive I'm going to scare myself ,, yippie ki aaaa!!!!!!

BTW painman ,,, I am an old Hot Rodder

cars001.jpg

just got off the phone with hotbodies racing ,, and I 'm going to get an YZF ss tail and try it out ,,I am a body man and some custom work to make it fit will be no problemo ,, I have completed the fairing changes and am just waiting on parts to finish the tail ,, I have a carbon fibre hugger ordered ,,

I am doing this for track days at VIR ,, and land speed racing at Maxton ,, lighter is faster ,, I do belive I'm going to scare myself ,, yippie ki aaaa!!!!!!

BTW painman ,,, I am an old Hot Rodder

cars001.jpg
Fairing changes?

Would love to see picks now or when done...

Actually there is a company in Italy that makes an undertail/rearend for the FJR but I can't recall the name of the company. I think it was on the fjrowners site. I'll see if I can find it.

Glenn

gr8eyes....you should probabley pm Stef....being Italian & in Italy, on the Italian fjr site etc,....I'd bet he'd know if anyone....