Songs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malve

Reaction score
Do you have any?

Mine? This Is The End by The Doors

Tried posting in Pointless but it wasn't an option.

Any. I don't ride with music. I can't have music playing without actively listening to it, which takes away from things like not riding into the ditch, not getting killed by the left turn idiot, etc.

I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying I can't do it. My mind wanders if I'm paying to much attention to how the middle brass counterpoints the high melody with an echo in the percussion beat. And like I said, I can't not pay attention to that stuff if it's there.

I don't drive with music, either. I used to. I had a car system once that was worth 3 times what the car was. Enjoyed the hell out of it. But I found myself playing it when I got somewhere, not while I was going there, and that was not a good value.

Last edited by a moderator:
White Sport Coat and a Pink Carnation....

ummm.....what else?

Bad Timing by Blue Rodeo, cuz when I start crying, my visor fogs and I can't see shit

Excellent post Malve.

Warm Leatherete by "the Normal". Any punkers remember them? Anyone else listen to them? :huh:

John Tesh.
ROTFLMAO

oh gawd, don't get me started!

My ex used to take John Tesh and his kids fishing whilst Connie baby was filming in Vancouver. He has an ENTIRE John Tesh discography as a result

*blech*

when I want to fly...Riders on the Storm and Radar Love

usually, mostly, my speed is Neil Diamond

oh, of course, when Ballad of the Green Berets ques up is a proud moment

Pretty much anything by the Association. The tempo makes me sashay on straightaways and real wheel pirouettes at 80 are a bitch to pull off.

Happy birthday Patriot you off-topic ADD poster child ! :D

Bob Dylan - John Hiatt - John Prine - Lucinda Williams - New Vintage - Pretenders - Stones - Steve Forbert - The Flatlanders - Sinatra.

I got a glimpse of Bust's i-pod, and if you took out all the show tunes and ABBA songs, I'd be pretty empty.

anything country/country & western.

i won't listen to that crap at any time.

i'm careful about listening to slow/soothing music while riding as i don't want to drift away from the riding and paying attention (or late at night, falling asleep).

Classical. While I don't listen to it often, it distracts greatly from riding for the same reasons listed above by wfooshee. Anything else, even stuff I really like, I can and do tune out when necessary.

Oh, and Lady Gaga makes me want to drive into oncoming traffic.

Any Pink Floyd album. The music makes me space off. I do like to listen to music though. It breaks the monotony of the droning wind noise. Sometimes I dance on the foot pegs to get my blood flowing and perk me up on long rides.

Any rap or disco. I won't listen to them in the car either. Or the garage, or house, or backyard, or... Both are the work of the Music Devil.

:evilsmiley02:

Hey Malve, Long time no see!

I really have not got the music "Sound system" down yet on the bike Butt...

Music plays all the time in my head. Situational songs pop up all the time.

The EAGLES, Sarah McLachlan, Jouney, Dire Straits, Matchbox Twenty ....

Riding songs:

"Still They Ride" - Journey

"Highway Song" - Blackfoot

BTW... Great post !

My wife is spanish, if I want to "Pep Up", I'll listen to Carlos Vives, Mana or Fonseca