SouthWest Moto Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg E.

Reaction score
I ordered new tires for my VF500F on 3.12. Last nite I happened to look on the back porch and my new tires were sitting there. It amazes me that this company not only beat everyone else's price, gave me "free" delivery AND got my merchandise to me in Northern New York in a total of 3 days. Unless something unforseen happens, these guys have my tire business from now on.

-GSE-

I ordered new tires for my VF500F on 3.12. Last nite I happened to look on the back porch and my new tires were sitting there. It amazes me that this company not only beat everyone else's price, gave me "free" delivery AND got my merchandise to me in Northern New York in a total of 3 days. Unless something unforseen happens, these guys have my tire business from now on.
-GSE-
I've become convinced that SW Moto Tire just places tires on UPS trucks waiting for orders ;-) Two days (over a weekend) to my house for my Storms.

Yep. I ordered around 3 pm MST and the UPS truck drove up at 11am EST two days later. Thats about 42 hours to Florida. Not bad.

I've become convinced that SW Moto Tire just places tires on UPS trucks waiting for orders ;-) Two days (over a weekend) to my house for my Storms.
Glad to hear that you guys are so pleased with the service. I Ordered mine on the 2nd seems he had some problem submitting the credit card and didn't both to contact me to get the correct information. Sorry, but he's pretty busy. Must have been filling your orders.

Great service! Thanks SWMoto Tires.

Follow up:

Confirmed with creditcard issuer that no hold has been put on the account and that their balance is in line with mine. Everything is good. Called SWMoto and confirmed creditcard information. Everything is good. He submitted and they accepted.

Good conversation, nice guy. Says he notified me of the problem. I don't think so. I scan my SPAM before deleting. But hey, if you folks are the norm, I should have my tires on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
SW Moto sounds good. As an alternative, MotorCycleSuperstore has the Pirelli Diablo Strada's for the FJR just a little cheaper. Front is 97.99 and rear "E" spec is 136.50. Free shipping over 75.00. SW Moto is front 104.95 and rear "E" 138.95. Not a whole lotta difference but MotorCycleSuperstore has given me good service in the past.

Just my .02...

SW Moto sounds good. As an alternative, MotorCycleSuperstore has the Pirelli Diablo Strada's for the FJR just a little cheaper. Front is 97.99 and rear "E" spec is 136.50. Free shipping over 75.00. SW Moto is front 104.95 and rear "E" 138.95. Not a whole lotta difference but MotorCycleSuperstore has given me good service in the past.
Just my .02...
:yahoo: Customer loyalty is something that we in retail live for. I'm always happy when I hear someone sing "their" store's praises. When I get great service, I'll shop with someone, even when I know I can get a little better price somewhere else. Customer service is the name of the game.

-GSE-

I've gotten four sets of tires from SWMoto - Cheap and fast every time. Shortly after receiving the last set, however, I also got a call from my credit card company asking if I had ordered an aftermarket motorcycle (Harley knockoff, IIRC) frame. I very, very rarely shop online - actually that tire order was the first time I'd put my credit card number on the web in months, so I go to the local Avon dealer for my tires, now...

Two Avons sitting on my porch waiting for installation tomorrow, Another SW 2 day delivery here ( again ! ) I got 6700 out of the stock Stones, as expected.

I've gotten four sets of tires from SWMoto - Cheap and fast every time. Shortly after receiving the last set, however, I also got a call from my credit card company asking if I had ordered an aftermarket motorcycle (Harley knockoff, IIRC) frame. I very, very rarely shop online - actually that tire order was the first time I'd put my credit card number on the web in months, so I go to the local Avon dealer for my tires, now...
Using a laptop with a wireless connection??

Two Avons sitting on my porch waiting for installation tomorrow, Another SW 2 day delivery here ( again ! ) I got 6700 out of the stock Stones, as expected.

Using a laptop with a wireless connection??
Nope. Dial-up (I know, just barely antediluvian, and you're wondering about wireless - HAH! - not even on the wish-list).

Options in Roseville are extremely limited or very expensive - the local political scene is oddly inbred, which means we have cheaper power than most of the rest of the state (local politicos made a sweetheart deal right when deregulation came into play), but we get to pay about half-again as much in property tax, and unless the ISP greased the correct palm(s), they don't get to dig a ditch to put in competing connectivity that could jeapordize the monopoly of the current ISP (mostly my neighbor's opinion, but he's lived here about 40 years and watched the local gov't. work). Sorry about the political aside; point is, I know there are vastly superior ISP options, but they aren't available here...