spoiled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geofizz

Reaction score
This FJR has taken all the fun out of riding other bikes. I have been commuting to work on the FJR and can't wait to head home on the bike, sometimes adding a few extra miles to the commute(along the coast etc). This week I rolled out my other bike, a honda VTX1800, and it is just too boring to ride anymore. I thought after 8000 miles on the FJR( since I bought it in August) I would lose some of that FJR" nirvana " but it is still going strong.

The honda is a 98 hp v-twin with lots of torque, a beautifull bike, but to cycle trader it goes. Curse you FJR!!!!

Bernie

Haha...I too traded in my VTX 1800R for my FJR. I loved that bike, but I love this one more. My brother recently picked up a VTX 1800C for a smokin' deal he just couldn't pass up. I really missed my VTX till I rode his and realized what I had traded up too.

I used to think that of my FJR until I bought a FZ6 and now as much as the Feejer is a millage killer I prefer the FZ for short 250 mile or less day rides on our local twisty roads(it does help to live in the mountains).

I thought about a FZ1 but I find the 6 does quite well and the liter bikes won't lose me in the turns plus the FZ1 would be a ticket maker with me on it.

Don't get me wrong, the FJR is an awesome machine but sometimes it's fun to ride something that isn't like dancing with the big girl.