stranded in Austin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrjonesing

Reaction score
Got here yesterday (Saturday) from Baton Rouge and found belt showing on my rear tire. Can anybody in the Austin area recommend a reputable shop where I might find a tire tomorrow (Monday)?

Jim/fjrjonesing

We have enough forum members in that area you should be ok but you cold get lucky and get one today.

There are usually a few places open on sunday and a few members could even have a spare sitting around.

Hope it turns out well.

Central Texas Powersports and Woods Fun Center are both open on Mondays. If it comes down to it, I can help you out as I'm off on Mondays. I also have a mounting and balancing machine if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Central Texas Powersports and Woods Fun Center are both open on Mondays. If it comes down to it, I can help you out as I'm off on Mondays. I also have a mounting and balancing machine if needed. 512.413.6716
...additionally, CycleGear is open on Sundays. He can get a tire there and you can help him with the mounting. just a thought from ...a new Austin member

Central Texas Powersports and Woods Fun Center are both open on Mondays. If it comes down to it, I can help you out as I'm off on Mondays. I also have a mounting and balancing machine if needed. 512.413.6716
...additionally, CycleGear is open on Sundays. He can get a tire there and you can help him with the mounting. just a thought from ...a new Austin member
All sorted out!

Got my tire at Cycle Gear and mounted it up.

Thanks for the responses. Special thanks to Kurt for not hesitating to step up and help.

Jim/jonesing

All sorted out!

Got my tire at Cycle Gear and mounted it up.

Thanks for the responses. Special thanks to Kurt for not hesitating to step up and help.

Jim/jonesing
I normally have a useable rear tire laying around so if anyone gets stranded near Abilene give me a holler.