Stuck spool valve in ABS unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymcc2

Reaction score
I have a 2007 AE with a rear brake issue. It started out with the rear caliper locking up upon application and not releasing. Cracking the bleader released the preasure until applied again, then lock up. Something is not allowing the fluid to release preassure back into the ABS unit. Ive spent numerous days reading posts and doing tests and it comes down to a stuck valve in the ABS unit. I have run ABS test all OK. I've bled all front brakes including combi ABS at right front caliper, thus eliminating the rear master cylinder and metering valves as the issue, again all good. But I have no preasure to rear caliper. When I remove the banjo line from the ABS to the proportioning valve I get nothing out of the unit. It has to be a frozen valve. I've tried air preassure to reverse the valve (I know the manual says not to, but I've nothing to lose) to no avail. Hydra-vac and tapping, BANGING with a hammer, nada.

Sooo, has anyone used hydraulic preasure back into the unit thru the out port to release/reverse a stuck valve? I take it by all the forum discussions that one can not disassemble these units. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Spending $1500 for a new ABS on a bike worth 4K (on a good day) is a hard pill to swallow.

Part # 3P6-85930-09-00 Hydraulic Unit Asym