Super Tenere 1200 heading to US for 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No One

Reaction score
EDIT: I know of two dealers taking deposits on the new SUPER TENERE........ The bike is on the way ! ! !

Have you seen the new MOTORcyclist Magazine? There is a new article in there about the new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200.. Its a few pages and a good write up, they really like the bike... But the note worthy part (if you like or want one in the US) is that the TECH sheet says AVALABLITY: 2011 CONTACT: Yamaha Cypress, USA... Etc.. Etc. (US headquarters) This is clear, they are about to launch.......

Woooooooooooooooooo - Hoooooooooooooooooo now lets just all hope they dont get stupid and price this thing out of reach for most.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting too see if this comes true. I've been yearning for a taste of kool-aid, but this big Yamaha sure is tempting. Too bad she's a bit on the husky side...

--G

I enjoyed the review and like the bike , but the price is a bit hefty compared to the FJR

Could be a very fun rally bike. Hope it's not stupid expensive.
Gunny. IMHO, if it is priced near or above the R1200GS, it just won't work well. I think it is a brilliant bike from following it on the advrider forum. But it isn't as distinctive in looks as the GS (more like a V-Strom on steroids maybe). But if it is priced somewhat reasonably, I'd sure be interested in it to replace my aging ST1300 in a year or two. I'd use for road mainly but that dual sport look and all it's bells and whistles is neat.

doctorj

They're going to be a few dollors short of a BMW 1200GS from what I've heard from a local dealer ( Bobby J's in Albuquerque, they're good people) I just might look at trading my 89 Honda TransAlp for one. But also looking at a good used BMW F800GS, Just to keep the weight down to what I can handel in sand and mud. :unsure: The transAlp (500lbs) is about all I want in deep mud.

I bet the first several hundred will go like hot cakes. This seems like the time for big comfy trailies to sell and Yamaha's reputation for reliable bikes will enhance the sales. I think it will make some GS/A dreamers like me change direction.

I'll believe it when I see it...but I'll be setting aside some coin to be ready to grab one should it actually arrive on our shores...

I think MCN compared it to the Duc Multistrada, which in my opion is one of the ugliest bikes built in recent history (not including the Honda DN-01 of course - I don't know what that was).