SW-FOG 2010 in Taos, New Mexico; September 16-19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like there will not be any rally shirts, hats or whatever to bring back from this rally. The only thing being the plaque. So let's have the details on it again so orders can be made in a timely manner. Maybe start a dedicated thread somewhere else. Just saying.
If you girls want shirts, let me know. I "know a guy" that can get these done. He is really good, but he'll need some advance notice. Shit, he does really nice embroidering, and could do something as simple as "2010 SW-FOG, Taos, NM" on the front with an embroidered FJR in the middle. Oooh...I might just get one of those made for me.

Seriously, if you guys want T-shirts, lets get sizes and what ever we want put on them figured up and I'll get the ball rolling here. FYI, I will not put my ass on the line and pre-order 50 shirts. If 20 people want shirts and pre-pay for them, I'll deliver 20 shirts to those people with the ability to get more after the fact.

Lemme know.
Hmm... A nice embroidered Polo shirt? Count me IN for 2 Parachute sized shirts in 4 XLT :)

I started and pinned a new thread for the shirts for you!
Yeah...I noticed that. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm working on it. Let's see if I didn't pull an AJ and bite off more than I can actually chew. Shouldn't really be that hard. All I'm doing is organizing the buy...The shirt guy is doing all the work. Haha...I think we are up to 19 shirts so far. Some people are glaringly missing...Right Skooter boy?
Oh please, HotRodZilla: You know SkooterG only wears Versace, Dior or Vera Wang! He never dresses off of the rack at Nordstrom's or Macy's.

I've been asked by an anonymous SW-FOG 2010 Attendee (it was SkooterG!) if there was a posted Schedule of Activities. So, only cast in stone Events are Saturday's Dinner and the two day rides:

Thursday, Arrival: Get together for cocktails as the crowd gathers; and dinner plans, either individual or group, can be formulated with help of locals such as Patch308, HotRodZilla and NMRoadRunner.

Friday, day ride at 8AM or day/spa/shopping/excursions in Taos itself: I have volunteers, mostly the gentlemen above, myself, Big-D and pinhead who will lead you out on a six+ hour ride of just over 250+ miles; we will get you back to start FJR cocktail hour. However, some of the ladies are going to plan activities in Taos itself; with the help of the Concierge of the Best Western Kachina Lodge.

Friday Evening, Once again: I suggest the short walk into the Taos Square for dining and drinking; drifting back to the fire pit by the pool, for our traditional FJR Forum drinking, BS and yakking sessions.

Saturday, another day ride at 8AM, led by the same cast of characters mentioned above. But, if you have never been to Taos before: Please consider hot-air ballooning or horseback riding. Once again, Cheryl of the Kachina can assist you in booking any Taos activity that catches your fancy. This day ride will be over a different route, but will also be just 6+ hours and 250+ miles. Drinks at 4PM.

Saturday evening, after our Sunset Cocktail Hour, will be Dinner Finale of SW-FOG 2010. And again after our group supper, there will be drinking, conversations and tall tales told around the fire pit.

Sunday morning, after our discounted breakfast that Big-D scored for our FJR Forum Group, everybody will be heading to home; or in the case of the Canadians and others, on to NAFO in Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALRIGHT, EVERYBODY: SW-FOG 2010 is just three days away. So, if you live 1.5K miles away from Taos, all it will take you is three easy-peasy 500 mile FJR days to ride here. Rooms are still available and Saturday banquet dinners can still be purchased, when you arrive at the Best Western Kachina Lodge. 1-800-522-4462.

Communique from one of the more desolate, tiny, dried-up, podunk towns out along one of the vast stretches

of desert basin in central Nevada.

Noticing that all of the little street urchins here bear an unmistakable resemblance to Reno John.

"Daddy said he'd be back some day. ....sniffle."

Looking forward to seeing all of you bastards this weekend.

Communique from one of the more desolate, tiny, dried-up, podunk towns out along one of the vast stretchesof desert basin in central Nevada.

Noticing that all of the little street urchins here bear an unmistakable resemblance to Reno John.

Have Fun and See You Soon, Old Michael!

Welcome from San Diego! Say that to RJ!

Communique from one of the more desolate, tiny, dried-up, podunk towns out along one of the vast stretchesof desert basin in central Nevada.

cool beans, someone with good pictures to swipe.......

ALRIGHT, EVERYBODY: SW-FOG 2010 is just two days away. So, if you live 1K miles away from Taos, all it will take you is two easy-peasy 500 mile FJR days to ride here. Rooms are still available and Saturday banquet dinners can still be purchased, when you arrive at the Best Western Kachina Lodge. 1-800-522-4462.

Yeah rushes, I'm talking to you!

ALRIGHT, EVERYBODY: SW-FOG 2010 is just two days away. So, if you live 1K miles away from Taos, all it will take you is two easy-peasy 500 mile FJR days to ride here. Rooms are still available and Saturday banquet dinners can still be purchased, when you arrive at the Best Western Kachina Lodge. 1-800-522-4462.
Yeah rushes, I'm talking to you!
;)

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/nm/taos/id/87571 Wow, are we ever catching a break on the weather: 85 high and 50 low, with no rain per weatherman!
Papa Chuy, I am diggin' this weather forecast!

I'm glad you like the weather, however, on my way through Albuquerque I dropped off some of Havasu's heat for ya. Be prepared to strip down to yer skivvies when you get caught in that bumper to bumper shit, because NM will break all heat records today.

Because I got my GPS working (partly), I turned off on some highway near Santa Fe, then my GPS crapped out with only the sound track from Love Story coming through my ear buds........ and I don't have the Love Story sound track. WTF, somehow I entered Taos from the north. I will say this, that damn car tire sure did handle the corners really well. I think next time, I'll put one of the front too!

I guess Don cancelled his reservation and wants to share a room with me. I can't help but get these pictures of John Candy and Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" in my mind though. I wonder if Don realizes I reserved a single King? :bye2: :dribble: :wacko: :wub:

Where in the hell is Dolly when you need her? I aint waking up with my hand between two pillows! :chickawow:

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/nm/taos/id/87571 Wow, are we ever catching a break on the weather: 85 high and 50 low, with no rain per weatherman!
Papa Chuy, I am diggin' this weather forecast!

I'm glad you like the weather, however, on my way through Albuquerque I dropped off some of Havasu's heat for ya. Be prepared to strip down to yer skivvies when you get caught in that bumper to bumper shit, because NM will break all heat records today.

Because I got my GPS working (partly), I turned off on some highway near Santa Fe, then my GPS crapped out with only the sound track from Love Story coming through my ear buds........ and I don't have the Love Story sound track. WTF, somehow I entered Taos from the north. I will say this, that damn car tire sure did handle the corners really well. I think next time, I'll put one of the front too!

I guess Don cancelled his reservation and wants to share a room with me. I can't help but get these pictures of John Candy and Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" in my mind though. I wonder if Don realizes I reserved a single King? :bye2: :dribble: :wacko: :wub:

Where in the hell is Dolly when you need her? I aint waking up with my hand between two pillows! :chickawow:

Thats a very disturbing visual.... Thanks..... :bad:

"I guess Don cancelled his reservation and wants to share a room with me. I can't help but get these pictures of John Candy and Steve Martin in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" in my mind though. I wonder if Don realizes I reserved a single King? "

Hey! It all worked out in the end, didn't it. but now, I might view that movie a little differently, thanks for that.