Official SW-FOG 2014 Announcement: 5/29 THU-6/1 SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet. Made it home about 3 hours ago. This ride was cool. Not only did we ride, we saw sites and had a blast. Thanks for the good time. It was great seeing all the old faces and meeting a bunch of new people. The drinking and bullshitting sessions alone were worth the ride.

So far, no crashes and only one performance award, which was a doozie. 101 in a 60. Dayum boys! Everyone be careful going home.

14137643179_b54f6780f9_c.jpg
Duchess gives a big shoutout to all her great friends who were at her first SWFOG!
+1, Gunny; all we FJR Forumites will always miss Duke, but Duchess is such a sweet and precious Lady Dog! Mademoiselle Duchess, you made SW-FOG 2015 special!

Sweet. Made it home about 3 hours ago.
Damn, wish I were home but I only made it to Beaver, UT. Had 2 riding parters bail on me in a single day. Fontanaman bailed at 4:00 AM and never even turned on the light or said goodby. MEM bailed 12 hours later at the Mt. Carmel Jct because she had a hot date with some Ski Bum and thought 3 would be a crowd. The last time I saw her she was riding towards the Zion East Entrance with a big smile on her face. Long ride, pretty scenery, lots of curves and tar snakes and a little drama when I came within 2 feet of planting my nosecone on a mule deer's ass.

Made it home at 7:15pm, had a great time meeting up with old and new friends....Thanks Skippy for sharing your B-Day with me...
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Chivalry is

Sweet. Made it home about 3 hours ago.
Damn, wish I were home but I only made it to Beaver, UT. Had 2 riding parters bail on me in a single day. Fontanaman bailed at 4:00 AM and never even turned on the light or said goodby. MEM bailed 12 hours later at the Mt. Carmel Jct because she had a hot date with some Ski Bum and thought 3 would be a crowd. The last time I saw her she was riding towards the Zion East Entrance with a big smile on her face. Long ride, pretty scenery, lots of curves and tar snakes and a little drama when I came within 2 feet of planting my nosecone on a mule deer's ass.
Chivalry is not dead! Steve, indeed, saw me safely - and in good condition ;) - to the turnoff to Springdale / Zion.
At the halfway point - about 450 kms - the wind on prairie road I-40 had been tossing Mini and me around pretty good. It was almost as bad as riding across Manitoba :huh: Steve did a check "How's your back?" (Not bad at all) and then he offered up his FJR! Since it was likely we'd have gotten into fisticuffs when it was time to trade back, I gratefully and graciously declined. (He prolly would have crapped his pants had I said: " OK! :yahoo: " )

Great weekend. Wonderful to see old friends (Steve, Jim, Mark and Duchess, Petey, Dave, Ken, Bob, Ed - who'd I forget?) and meet new ones (Adam, Dr Bob, Chris, Patrick, Dennis, Kevin ...)

And now I'm very much looking forward to exploring southern Utah with old and new friends :thumbsup:

Sucks Ed and I missed the group photo.
sad.png
No worries Ed and Adam, I just spoke to Old Michael and he is going to fix the problem! O'Keeffe is going to PhotoShop you both into the picture, with full frontal nudity of course! Plus, Mick said he would throw in a full frontal nude of Mary Ellen in the SW-FOG Group Photograph at no extra charge! JSNS!

DSCF1159.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. Made it home about 3 hours ago. This ride was cool. Not only did we ride, we saw sites and had a blast. Thanks for the good time. It was great seeing all the old faces and meeting a bunch of new people. The drinking and bullshitting sessions alone were worth the ride.
So far, no crashes and only one performance award, which was a doozie. 101 in a 60. Dayum boys! Everyone be careful going home.
Of course we would NEVER - EVER mention any names here on our Fine FJR Forum, but it was not GalaxyBlue Adam ese!

DSCF1164.jpg

Ken H. - blufjr giving the TwoWheelNut FJR Salute, our Brother Tim Bates looks down from Heaven at our Forum Events pleased that his tradition endures!

DSCF1155.jpg

pegscraper Ed says: "Wowser, MSNASCAR sure put a bunch of Mota in this batch of brownies ese!" Those brownies were muy delicioso! Es Verdad, ese!

DSCF1157.jpg

DSCF1158.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo's Son, Seth Stanley, with a mouth full of Jacquie's wonderful brownies!

DSCF1156.jpg

Dios Mio Hombres, look at the heads on these two Vato Loco FJR Jockeys ese; El Pendejo Grande on the left looks like he survived a plane crash (HotRodZilla), der Deutschlander on the right looks like he walked away from a train wreck (Herr Petey)! Muy Feo, mas Feo y mucho Feo (ugly!).

DSCF1162.jpg

Sorry, not much better looking with these three either!

DSCF1163.jpg

pegscraper Ed on the left enjoying his third glass of Stoli Vodka (may have been Absolut!):

DSCF1165.jpg

As was previously mentioned, there was a lot of bullshitting going on; lo siento para the fuzzy photographs, BeemerDonS was drunk (what else is new, ese?).

DSCF1169.jpg

DSCF1166.jpg

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF1168.jpg

Another cool shot by Charlene. Just after a hairpin curve go'n to Gila Cliffs. Duchess is look'n back as if think'n " that was some curve!"

14330134042_69a92a4b29_z.jpg

Hmmm. I saw a post that said that the "Catwalk" just outside of Glenwood, New Mexico had re-opened this spring. Internet - Can't Trust It !

Well, I guess you could call the ranger office in Reserve and they would have that info., and it would be the correct info. Talking to a human is always the best strategy. :) https://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTJw8jAwjQL8h2VAQAzHJMsQ!!/?ss=110306&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&navid=110000000000000&pnavid=null&recid=2029&ttype=recarea&pname=Gila%2520National%2520Forest%2520-%2520Catwalk%2520Recreation%2520Area

=======================================================================

You'd have to ride to Silver City, New Mexico to access the Gila Cliffs National Monument, but Son Seth and thirty FJR Friends rode there and it is incredible! You walk up a majestic canyon following a little stream, to see the dwellings of Native Americans from a thousand years ago!
Amazing History! https://www.nps.gov/gicl/index.htm

DSCF1177.jpg

277B7CCF-1DD8-B71C-0E4338F7BC8EBFAF.jpg

Fellow Arizonans: Dr. Bob on the left and TheZsdad on the right, rode from Phoenix to Silver City with these gentlemen on Thursday 5/29!

DSCF1153.jpg

Fontanaman Jim on the left has a really evil and nasty smile/smirk on his face following Maria Elena-MEM into the Econolodge; but hey, what happens at SW-FOG stays at SW-FOG!

DSCF1161.jpg

A real treat for Papa Chuy Viejo was to ride once again with my long time Beemer riding Compadre Pat Kenney, I have been riding with PK for twenty years now to events such as BMW MOA Rallies and BMW RA Rallies to beachfront towns and villages down in Mexico. Good man, Pat!

DSCF1154.jpg

I made it home just before 8pm on Sunday after a beautiful long ride with Chris, Adam and Ed Cadlec staying in the high country as long as possible. But like usual, all good things must come to an end, the heat began even before we reached Holbrook, AZ. Took a short break in Holbrook long enough for Adam to say WTF about his headphones and yank'em out. Then made a speedy departure onto I-40 West Bound running triple digits some of the way, Chris trying hard for a second conversation with Arizona's Finest. However, we made it all the way home without any additions tickets. Even ran across Adam standing alond the freeway with video cam in hand. By the time we reached Williams I had 47 miles on my reserve.
Had a great time as usual, seeing old friends and making some new ones. There are always those that manage to find the newest of Farcles that add to the already perfection designed into an FJR. The first day of riding towards Silver City from Camp Verde, AZ was the group of 4 consisting of Ed Kadlec taking lead, Chris Martin, Adam Kryger and myself. It was a great time. Looking forward to next year. The SW-FOG rides are the best.

DSC00423_zps5776bb4b.jpg
DSC00421_zps25e6b535.jpg
DSC00416_zpsb0882063.jpg
DSC00410_zps93e434c3.jpg
DSC00409_zpsfc7b590d.jpg
DSC00404_zps4b0a583b.jpg
DSC00396_zps4fd07715.jpg
DSC00390_zpsced9c224.jpg
DSC00383_zps1d283035.jpg