SW-FOG 2010 in Taos, New Mexico; September 16-19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as a side note:right now am "experimenting" with salsa with Bhut Jolokia and will be bringing some to SW-Fog for those who wish to part take.
Yum, bring it on but the word "experimenting" has me curious being your so close to Vandenberg and all...

Are those babies rocket fuel or just a nice bite?

I love salsa

but sometimes it doesn't love me :eek:
I guessing rocket fuel especially for a nice boy from Minnesota, Doug. Ghost Chile
"The pepper is used in India in homeopathic preparations for stomach ailments. It is also used as a spice as well as a remedy to summer heat, presumably by inducing perspiration in the consumer.[6] In northeastern India, the peppers are smeared on fences or incorporated in smoke bombs as a safety precaution to keep wild elephants at a distance."

Well Rick, at least we won't be bothered by those pesky Arizona Elephants. Sounds like that stuff will bury anyone born north of the 45th parallel :skull:

I may try a bite...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yum, bring it on but the word "experimenting" has me curious being your so close to Vandenberg and all...Are those babies rocket fuel or just a nice bite?

I love salsa

but sometimes it doesn't love me :eek:
Rocket fuel is an understatement, eating alone it dam near nuclear fission

those things carry some punch

2 small chilies made into 2 quarts puts it at the danger zone for me, not so hot that you cant eat it but right under it.

also if you wish to try some, make sure you have a stiff drink in your hand, heavy cream (milk and ice cream) don't work all that fast.

It's a FRIDAY and your asking about trailering your FJR to a rider gathering? Is this some kind of put on? Are you just trying to get things started a little early today? :unsure:

Coming in from Amarillo on Friday. Should we trailer or just ride up? Pretty far. :blink:
Welcome aboard, mophead: I'll add you to the attendance list. DO NOT trailer, if Petey from Oklahoma sees that he'll go damn beserk. Hard to keep that German-American Okie calm!

My illegitimate bastard Hijo (Son) SkooterG is looking for a room mate at SW-FOG 2010, he called yesterday and said that GSJane is flying to a Business Conference that weekend. If you wanted to room with SkootyGreg, just send him a PM; he actually is so busy working that he did not have time to post this up himself. So strange to imagine SkooterG working!

Having roomed with Mr. Marbach on motorcycle trips for the last seven years, I do have to give due disclaimer notifications on his very, very special qualities as a room share though:

1) He lounges around in French Cut undies, which would be repugnant enough by themselves, but the colors he prefers are mauve, auburn, pink and lavender; with gold tiger stripes!

2) If you inadvertently leave your used skivvies laying around, he'll put them over his head and run around the room screaming: Marco, Marco, Marco! Just say Polo to get him to stop!

3) Just before you're about to fall asleep, he'll stretch and yawn on his bed and say: I would rather hear a fat boy fart, than a pretty girl sing! Nearly impossible to fall asleep after this!!

...Having roomed with Mr. Marbach on motorcycle trips for the last seven years, I do have to give due disclaimer notifications on his very special qualities as a room share though:
1) He lounges around in French Cut undies, which would be repugnant enough by themselves, but the colors he prefers are mauve, auburn, pink and lavender; with gold tiger stripes!

2) If you inadvertently leave your used skivvies laying around, he'll put them over his head and run around the room screaming: Marco, Marco, Marco! Just say Polo to get him to stop!

3) Just before you're about to fall asleep, he'll stretch and yawn on his bed and say: "I would rather hear a fat boy fart, than a pretty girl sing! Impossible to fall asleep after this!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can park it next to mine.... maybe.

Since I will be a little over 3 weeks out of the hospital from major surgery, I may not have the juice to do multiple 8-10 hour days to Taos and back, so I am preparing for the worst, as in the "T" word. The surgeon says he thinks I will be able to handle it (he's a non-rider and could be blowing smoke up my.... tailpipe), but my family doctor says "no way." Anyway, if I don't croak on the table... that's me: ever the optimist.... I may have to drag my wagon.

Since I put on a new set of tires yesterday, and won't get the chance to get rid of the chicken strips before the surgery, your trailer won't be noticed as everybody will be laughing and pointing at my bike with the huge chicken strips on the trailer.

...everybody will be laughing and pointing at my bike with the huge chicken strips on the trailer.
Just slap some Harley stickers to cover up the Yamaha stuff, pass it off as some new fangled model, and everyone will understand.

...everybody will be laughing and pointing at my bike with the huge chicken strips on the trailer.
Just slap some Harley stickers to cover up the Yamaha stuff, pass it off as some new fangled model, and everyone will understand.
zzzzip, just get to SW-FOG 2010 anyway you can! The route from Hannibal across Kansas isn't world's most scenic anyway; Colorado will start the beautiful twisties and the mountains!

3) Just before you're about to fall asleep, he'll stretch and yawn on his bed and say: I would rather hear a fat boy fart, than a pretty girl sing! Nearly impossible to fall asleep after this!!
I was going to figure out a way to be there an room with Greg till I got to that part... My skinny ass don't have the volume he desires :huh:

:jester:

Coming in from Amarillo on Friday. Should we trailer or just ride up? Pretty far. :blink:
Welcome aboard, mophead: I'll add you to the attendance list. DO NOT trailer, if Petey from Oklahoma sees that he'll go damn beserk. Hard to keep that German-American Okie calm!
Just wanted to see if anyone was awake on the board. Don't even own a trailer to haul one on. Son and I occasionally ride up to Red River on a Saturday or Sunday for breakfast at Texas Reds, make a few roads around the area and head it back into Amarillo for the evening. I can't tell you how many people from Amarillo I have met up there who trailer up there and bitch because our diesel truck nearly ran out of fuel on the way up pulling that big ole trailer.

But they do show up for breakfast with their shiny new leather jacket that has yet to see a bug and fringe chaps around their candy ass proclaiming "Let's Ride"!

Amarillo is a gateway from several directions on the way to Sturgis this week. For the life of me I can't understand how you can look a perfectly good Harley in the headlight in your rearview mirror for a thousand plus miles when you could be riding it and having a ball.

So if you are headed up 287 from Dallas tonight and are coming through Estelline (Speed Trap) stop for the M/C rally and listen to the band. That be us! We will have beads you can earn so stop in!

See you in Taos!

mophead, look forward to meeting you! I'm very familiar with Texas Red's in Red River. My brother-in-law Glenn "Ernie" Sutliff is the only paid employee of Eagle Nest, New Mexico: In winter he drives the snowplow and in summer he fixes all of the town's plumbing; and anything else that little old Eagle Nest, NM folks need fixing!

Also I never miss going to Dr. Westphall's Vietnam Veteran's Memorial down in Angel Fire. I served in US Army from 1968 through 1974, I always feel I'm entering "Hallowed Ground"!

https://angelfirememorial.com/ If you attend SW-FOG and are of my old age, please consider visiting the David Westphall Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. When you see the Huey on the ridge, you know that you are there! If there's enough interest in visiting The Angel Fire Vietnam Memorial, I'll include it on day rides! Lieutenant Westphall was killed in action in 1968.

https://angelfirememorial.com/Memorial-Day-2010.php Video of Memorial Day 2010 at the Chapel/Museum. https://angelfirememorial.com/Peace-Brotherhood-Chapel.php LA Vets now.

I was going to figure out a way to be there an room with Greg till I got to that part... My skinny ass don't have the volume he desires :huh:

:jester:
Bust,

You need to get working on those Plaques and quit trying to coax someone into sharing a room with ya!

You know Sheep can't read!

And "NO", this isn't the plaque everyone had in mind!

BustWearingATGATT.jpg

It looks like there will not be any rally shirts, hats or whatever to bring back from this rally. The only thing being the plaque. So let's have the details on it again so orders can be made in a timely manner. Maybe start a dedicated thread somewhere else. Just saying.
If you girls want shirts, let me know. I "know a guy" that can get these done. He is really good, but he'll need some advance notice. Shit, he does really nice embroidering, and could do something as simple as "2010 SW-FOG, Taos, NM" on the front with an embroidered FJR in the middle. Oooh...I might just get one of those made for me.

Seriously, if you guys want T-shirts, lets get sizes and what ever we want put on them figured up and I'll get the ball rolling here. FYI, I will not put my ass on the line and pre-order 50 shirts. If 20 people want shirts and pre-pay for them, I'll deliver 20 shirts to those people with the ability to get more after the fact.

Lemme know.
Hmm... A nice embroidered Polo shirt? Count me IN for 2 Parachute sized shirts in 4 XLT :)

I started and pinned a new thread for the shirts for you!

Oh, crap. Taos is only 5ish hours away from here (west Denver metro). That's easily doable even for my totally-out-of-shape not-even-close-to-iron butt.

Not sure I can get the time (work in panic mode right now) but I'm gonna hate myself if I don't try. It's been ages since I managed a moto get together.

Time to see what I can make happen.

It looks like there will not be any rally shirts, hats or whatever to bring back from this rally. The only thing being the plaque. So let's have the details on it again so orders can be made in a timely manner. Maybe start a dedicated thread somewhere else. Just saying.
If you girls want shirts, let me know. I "know a guy" that can get these done. He is really good, but he'll need some advance notice. Shit, he does really nice embroidering, and could do something as simple as "2010 SW-FOG, Taos, NM" on the front with an embroidered FJR in the middle. Oooh...I might just get one of those made for me.

Seriously, if you guys want T-shirts, lets get sizes and what ever we want put on them figured up and I'll get the ball rolling here. FYI, I will not put my ass on the line and pre-order 50 shirts. If 20 people want shirts and pre-pay for them, I'll deliver 20 shirts to those people with the ability to get more after the fact.

Lemme know.
Hmm... A nice embroidered Polo shirt? Count me IN for 2 Parachute sized shirts in 4 XLT :)

I started and pinned a new thread for the shirts for you!
Yeah...I noticed that. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm working on it. Let's see if I didn't pull an AJ and bite off more than I can actually chew. Shouldn't really be that hard. All I'm doing is organizing the buy...The shirt guy is doing all the work. Haha...I think we are up to 19 shirts so far. Some people are glaringly missing...Right Skooter boy?