SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
For those of you that may have questions concerning "What's Up" at the SW-FOG, allow me to clarify a few concerns!

Let’s get to the important stuff first!

1) Donna is having her Day Spa on Friday!!

Now other stuff!

2. Saturday’s dinner is the only organized dinner during the SW-FOG. However, like so many other rides I’ve been on, usually riders will have dinner around the same time as everyone else, in essence creating a group dinner so to speak without the group organization. Each attendee will receive their individual bill from the waitress (or waiter) according how you inform them upon ordering. If any of you attended the DVD (Death Valley DAZE) you’ll understand what I’m talking about. If not, you will learn very quickly!

Note: Those of you chronic complainers (you know who you are) will be afforded the opportunity to be seated in a highchair and spoon fed mashed carrots & peas by Papa Chuy Medina.

3) Rides: NMRoadRunner posted a thread under “Here are a few rides I like” under the SW-FOG heading. Under Post #1, 3 & 4 are suggestions on several different routes. Because both Pinhead and NMRoadRunner are better familiar with the area than most, these routes mentioned will probably be the organized route. As usual, depending on the number of participants, groups will be divided into a few groups under 1) those that desire speed, many twisties and traffic violations, 2) those that like to enjoy moderate speeds and occasional stops for photos and beverages and 3) Those that have the need to take multiple photographs, stop and smell the roses, rest areas, views and so forth and usually return just as the sun is setting! These rides can be further discussed on Thursday evening with BeemerDon whereas your input will be greatly appreciated and adorned with the utmost admiration.

4) This event will prove to be lots of fun, great food & drink, with exciting rides, beautiful scenery, loads of camaraderie with other forum members and offer everyone the opportunity to make new friends and acquaintances!

5) Keep in mind after lots of discussion several months ago, it was decided to keep this mostly "free" gathering of friends and motorcyclist as simple as possible while still affording everyone the chance to enjoy themselves without going into debt with unnecessary expenditures and frills.

6) and lastly…………Threads filled with garbage, non-sense and unrelated items and comments: Oh well…….. shit happens!!

:rockwoot: :yahoo: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :specool: :lmaosmiley: :lol2: :heart: :haha: :good: :friends: :dance: :drinks:

Muchas Gracias, Big-D; Outstanding Clarification! NOTE: Donna is agreeable to Saturday also (instead of Friday!), if this works out better for any other ladies that want to explore Taos Pueblo for the day!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=131563 Here is the outstanding rides information that NMRoadRunner and pinhead put together for our use. I think that the Chama Loop and the Abiquiu Exploration will be perfect day rides for our group, fantastic for our photographers. Enchanted Circle Loop will allow my Fellow Military Veterans to tour the Vietnam Memorial in Angel Fire, I have to forewarn you all I will choke up (cry) when I see the Huey OD Green chopper up on the hill; I lost a bunch of close friends from my US Army days of 1968-1974. This Is Sacred Hallowed Ground!

I personally think Los Alamos Long Way Around Loop at 400 miles is over doing it; however, we do have big FJR mile burners in our group such as SkooterG, Petey, SpyderBret, GalaxyBlue and others!

Last edited by a moderator:
So how's in charge of speed, twisties and traffic violations?

I'd like to sign up for that group on ride #4 of the posted rides by NMRoadRunner & Pinhead :whistling:

One more day, packing day tommorow! Leaving Monday morning, yipee! (12 nights of stuff & duke says there's gotta be room fer his bacon treats!)

I went last year and it was no funny at all.
OK, maybe a little fun.

Alright, all damn right, it was a lot of fun.

Bastards...
We're all going to miss you, Brother Dave! You and Old Michael were the life of the party. Great hot tub, delicious cocktails, moonlit night, soft breezes and the "Love Story" soundtrack playing! jes' sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
With out you, who will host Bar 106?

Going to miss you Dave.

Guess I'll have pie by myself.

Joe

I just paid some "stupid tax." I completely forgot my tires have 7k miles on them, and on a ride today, I really noticed my front tire reacting especially sucktacular! Luckily one of the local dealers had two of my preferred front tires in stock (one for each of the FJRs), albeit overpriced, and we'll get them mounted up tomorrow in time to ride down on Thursday.

OK, maybe a little fun.

Bastards...
We're all going to miss you, Brother Dave! You and Old Michael were the life of the party. Great hot tub, delicious cocktails, moonlit night, soft breezes and the "Love Story" soundtrack playing! jes' sayin'

Can someone bring a Cow-Bell for "Don't Fear the Reefer"

OK, maybe a little fun.

Bastards...

Can someone bring a Cow-Bell for "Don't Fear the Reefer"
Got it packed in my right saddlebag!