SW WI Spin July 20th!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke with a buddy of mine, Bob , and he would like to join in on the festivities. Gramps has met at Tech Day. Actually Bob was quite instrumental in building my confidence when I first got my bike.

Fine with me. Although, I'd be careful using Gramps as a reference, he does ride a Triumph now and is always lookin for dusty goat trails.

Then again, maybe it's time I actually work for one of those smaller cert.s.
Yeah, like getting there and back without losing your yellow nuts.
biggrin.png

j/k Mikey....
LOL Yeah I quess the whole secret really is about staying upright. Can't afford to spill the nuts anymore.

Just spoke with a buddy of mine, Bob <busadevil>, and he would like to join in on the festivities. Gramps has met at Tech Day. Actually Bob was quite instrumental in building my confidence when I first got my bike.

That would be great to have Bob join us.

Just spoke with a buddy of mine, Bob , and he would like to join in on the festivities. Gramps has met at Tech Day. Actually Bob was quite instrumental in building my confidence when I first got my bike.
Fine with me. Although, I'd be careful using Gramps as a reference, he does ride a Triumph now and is always lookin for dusty goat trails.
Maybe I can convince a few of you to trade up.
tonguesmiley.gif

OFace and others, I reserved a room for Saturday (only) and might need a roomate if possible.

I hope to leave the twin cities early, and meet up w/ you in Coon Valley around 9am???? Is that acceptable or just plain a bad idea??? LMK otherwise.

I look forward to meeting you (having read alot of ____ about you ) all.

Coon Valley...one of my favorite towns.

I love the name.

...and Cty P, and the other roads nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
OFace and others, I reserved a room for Saturday (only) and might need a roomate if possible.
I hope to leave the twin cities early, and meet up w/ you in Coon Valley around 9am???? Is that acceptable or just plain a bad idea??? LMK otherwise.

I look forward to meeting you (having read alot of ____ about you ) all.
Sound good to me. Don't believe the hype. The myth is wayyyy better than reality.

With the goat trails that fearless leader is taking us down, I doubt we will be at Coon Valley by 9:00.
Just watch for the approaching cloud of dust.

Did I miss the GPS files for the route?

It will take me a week or two to get them downlowded into my gps since Gramps isn't around to help me!!!

Link to GPS files: CLICK (Note: these routes work on my GPS, it's up to you to verify them on yours)

The files are in GDP, GPX, and Streets and Trips 2011. I also uploaded a Spin POI file in gdb and gpx. I Have not put together a possible Sunday route yet as everybody will be heading different directions at some point.

Link updated in first post too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have new tires (to be scubbed in) and a room w/ 2 beds for Saturday night. Anybody need a bed? I don't snore (much) and will buy beer as an incentive.

Since my GPS is imaginary, I will be following y'all and/or the map.

Thanks for letting me meet in Coon Valley. CU @ 9am (or whenever you show up).

I have new tires (to be scubbed in) and a room w/ 2 beds for Saturday night. Anybody need a bed? I don't snore (much) and will buy beer as an incentive.
Since my GPS is imaginary, I will be following y'all and/or the map.

Thanks for letting me meet in Coon Valley. CU @ 9am (or whenever you show up).
Did they tell you they were going snipe hunting??

:D

Just so you guys know, the Minnesota Motorcycle Touring Club (MMTC) will be wandering through the general area on the 20th and 21st about 15 strong, going to and from New Glarus.

Just so you guys know, the Minnesota Motorcycle Touring Club (MMTC) will be wandering through the general area on the 20th and 21st about 15 strong, going to and from New Glarus.