Tennessee FJR Riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryG

Reaction score
I think it's time that Tennessee is properly represented and I'm a little tired of Shokdimn and I riding as a gang of two. Lets get together and enjoy the hills of this beautiful state. Shokdim and I ride a lot on Saturdays and Sundays. We try to make the day of it meeting around 8 or 9 am and ride til 3 or 4pm. We'd love to have more company so get in touch and lets give the crusier guys a good show.

TerryG

Nashville TN

Grew up in Chattanooga. Currently reside in North Georgia.

Count me in if you go riding in East Tennessee.

West Tennessee is too flat to justify the trip...IMO.

GO VOLS!!

Grew up in Hendersonville, went to school in Knoxville and lived in Chattanooga and Memphis for quite a while so even though I am now in Lexington KY count me in if you all ever get togather and I'll see what I can do. Heck, we are in Knoxville at least once a month anyway for the in-laws and Nashville every other month to visit mine.

Grew up in Chattanooga. Currently reside in North Georgia.Count me in if you go riding in East Tennessee.

West Tennessee is too flat to justify the trip...IMO.

GO VOLS!!

Even the "flat lands" have some nice twisties! I'm in White House, TN, with a little advanced notice I should be able to ride.

Johnson City is a bit far away to make a 1/2 day ride, beginning at 8:00am, but if we could meet in the middle or if you guys head to East TN/Western NC, give me a shout.

i live within rock throwing distance to the mississippi river. but if y'all ever ride over this way, holler and i'll ride with ya

it only takes me 6-7 hours to ride to knoxville :D

I used to ride with a group that met every Sunday at the McDonald's on Harding Place at I-24. If I remember corectly the meet time was about 08:00. They used to be on the riders club list in "Rider" magazine. The leader of the group was the guy from Emma's Florist shop.

Some of the details are a bit foggy since it's been a few years since I rode with them so you might want to verify all the info I gave you, but they were a good bunch of folks.

There was one guy I remember that could really RIDE a Goldwing. Very impressive.

Ray

Hey it's really great to hear from you all, I felt sure there was a good group of riders out there. Here's something you all might consider, WERA is having a Roadracing event at the Nashville Superspeedway on April 26 & 27, the racing starts at noon each day and the track opens at 7am. This might be a good opportunity to all meet up and get to know each other and enjoy the sounds and smells of some real racing. Tickets are $20 for both days let me know what you think.

TerryG

Hey it's really great to hear from you all, I felt sure there was a good group of riders out there. Here's something you all might consider, WERA is having a Roadracing event at the Nashville Superspeedway on April 26 & 27, the racing starts at noon each day and the track opens at 7am. This might be a good opportunity to all meet up and get to know each other and enjoy the sounds and smells of some real racing. Tickets are $20 for both days let me know what you think.
TerryG

i'll be at SFO that weekend

maybe i can catch the next one

TerryG
Again, I like your thinkin' there!

TerryG
Dang...that's tempting. I might just ride up there for that. Might even run into some old friends from the Memphis Motorcycle Club there too. I seem to remember there were a few guys into racing.

Ray

TerryG

With two girls, both in softball, my Saturdays are spoken for. However, I wouldn't mind sneaking over there on Sunday.

TerryG

This sounds like fun. I work that weekend , but I could make it for breakfast and meet everyone. Since I work a graveyard shift , I would have to leave about 1300 to get enough sleep for my next shift. Lets hope for good weather. ;)

Yeah, what Brazos said. I am over here on the extreme far right side of the state in Kingsport. Been a bit busy here lately, but maybe could catch a gathering before long. Brazos, I will try to call before long so we can catch up a bit ourselves. CCook

This sounds like a great idea. Though with me working swing shifts I couldn't make it every weekend. Madpage I feel your pain with softball. If you gentlemen ever form up a regular meeting time and place please be sure to post it so that I may make time to be there.

Glenn

Latest posts