The Evolution of the Motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a chance in hell, because it's not a motorcycle except for the law about how many wheels.

You drive it, and sit IN it. In a cabin! It's a freaking artificially stabilized 2-wheel car. Not even remotely interested.

This guy is building something nobody has asked for.

Oh, yeah. It's been brought up a couple times already, and I was pretty negative on it those times, too.

Not a chance in hell, because it's not a motorcycle except for the law about how many wheels.

You drive it, and sit IN it. In a cabin! It's a freaking artificially stabilized 2-wheel car. Not even remotely interested.

Oh, yeah. It's been brought up a couple times already, and I was pretty negative on it those times, too.
+1 to steal a quote from Beemerdons jus saying and enuf said.

+1 to steal a quote from Beemerdons jus saying and enuf said.
+1 Gunny!!! :bad:

Not sure what the point is in having the two wheels. Could make the thing alot cheaper by just having two in back an one in front.. Or visa versa.

Or just use four wheels....Wait...that's right we already have those ....

You guys are missing an interesting application here. Would I want one? No. But they've taken a gyro similar to ones found in satellites, and mated it to a motorcycle. Ya gotta admit, it's a fascinating application. Gyros have been around for ever, but it's cool to see them utilized in imaginative ways. Again, I wouldn't own this thing, but technology marches on.

Gary

darksider #44

Didn't miss that at all. Just didn't see the point. At all. :)
Maybe it's not about you- directly.
First, if you want to know why I might want one, move to the Pacific NorthWet for a year and get back to me about making a quick run to the grocery store. I can gear up and ride, or take the car. The car wins most of those, especially if the weather forecast is "liquid sunshine".

Second, environment aside, having two wheels (or three) makes it a motorcycle, which gets it around a LOT of federal crap about what a car (with four or more wheels) has to have and be able to do- and if used as designed as an urban commuter, conditions it will never see, which keeps every car bigger, heavier, and more complex than it has to be. (Seen many cars less than 3000 pounds lately? Me either.)

Having a roof and a steering wheel means no riding gear or helmet necessary- though in most states the driver will still have to have an endorsement- a good thing, most car drivers don't know how to manage traffic the way motorcycles do. That gets more drivers used to and looking for small vehicles- like motorcycles. Go ahead and tell me that's a bad thing. (It's not the main problem with motorcycle crashes, but still.)

Is it for you? Maybe not. It's for people looking for an economical (concidentally fun) way to get from the burbs to work and back. Right now, a lot of people are getting on scooters that shouldn't be. As energy prices go up, I see things like this increasingly being the right choice for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personaly, I think it's a neat idea. Is it for everyone? Maybe not, but neither is a skateboard, or a snowmobile, or hot air balloon. The world would be boring if every vehicle was the same, diversity is where it's at, whether you like it or not.

Latest posts