The Five Faces of my FJR.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2) ALSO: You will need to expand that 15% opened up air box mod so that you can get more air and then more fuel. The left and right cut out only mod with a stock style filter (KnN, UNI or any other) does not open it up enough for max 100% power. I know this from my dyno trials and rides with Gramps against his (left and right cut out only ) style air box modded on his 05 Gen I (and the Gen I has better accel gears than the Gen II, I might add). I have said it before: MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!!
I caved in to the peer pressure, and I have nothing left to do to my bike until I get my Holeshot headers back from ceramic coating, so I started making custom air filters and hacking apart my airbox. I'm making my air filters slightly differently than you (avoiding the sewing part). I'll try to post some details and pics this weekend.

Now it's my turn to convince you to fit those Hexacones to Holeshot headers :) Just get those connector pipes expanded at a muffler shop and order some 2" pipe exhaust clamps from JEGS: https://www.jegs.com/p/Flowmaster/1032949/10002/-1

It sounds awesome:

One suggestion I got to try avoid splitting the pipes during expansion is to put the clamps on the pipes while expanding, and keep expanding a little at a time and then loosening the clamp to control how the very end of the pipe expands.

2) ALSO: You will need to expand that 15% opened up air box mod so that you can get more air and then more fuel. The left and right cut out only mod with a stock style filter (KnN, UNI or any other) does not open it up enough for max 100% power. I know this from my dyno trials and rides with Gramps against his (left and right cut out only ) style air box modded on his 05 Gen I (and the Gen I has better accel gears than the Gen II, I might add). I have said it before: MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!! MAX air is needed for the FJR to sing!!!
I caved in to the peer pressure, and I have nothing left to do to my bike until I get my Holeshot headers back from ceramic coating, so I started making custom air filters and hacking apart my airbox. I'm making my air filters slightly differently than you (avoiding the sewing part). I'll try to post some details and pics this weekend.

Now it's my turn to convince you to fit those Hexacones to Holeshot headers :) Just get those connector pipes expanded at a muffler shop and order some 2" pipe exhaust clamps from JEGS: https://www.jegs.com/p/Flowmaster/1032949/10002/-1

It sounds awesome:

Pickles,

The exhaust sounds great! I am glad to hear you are going to open your girls mouth up all the way!! You won't regret the extra air intake one bit!

Your bike will respond well to he extra air. Post up some pics on how you do your filters. Mine have worked great! Being single layer, they have less filter element so they dirty up quicker. The improved power is well worth it. I clean/recharge my filters every other oil change. However, it is probably over kill and I may start doing it annually. I actually clean the throttle side filter with it still screwed into the air box.... I have found this to be much easier.. PM me if you want anymore details on how I do it.

As far as exhaust goes... I think I am going to keep the stock header and just do the cat surgery before the ice breaks.

WW

01VFR,

I don't remmber the brand name or part number but I got them from this guy:

https://www.murphskits.com/catalog/

I am sure he still sells them. They are the grips he sells for the C14. They are designed to fit a lot of bikes and can be trimmed. They work really well

with reducing the vibes and work well with the heated elements.

WW

WW,
An ex-'sotan here, and the pics remind me of those great summer days up there. That kind of grass doesn't grow down here.

Sorry if you addressed it somewhere here already, but how do you like the Remus cans? I like the clean look, with no strap wrapped around them...

Jeff
jmdaniel,

The Remus cans are top notch! They sound great, perform awesome, look sweet and come with the ability to have the baffles in or out!

You will really like them,

WW

Hey 01VFR, what is the red 'button' ??
RichardS,

That red button is not a button at all. It is a red led emergency light indicator for my tire pressure monitoring system. It turns on if my tire pressure gets below 36psi, then it will blink and flash if my tire pressure goes below 32psi.

WW

Sherman,Hahahahaha, No my Bro gave up the pink stuff long time ago!!

Thanx!! I suspect the silver stripe kit would look awesome on the 08!!

WW
Well WW I finally broke down and ordered the silver stripe lit for my black 08. Looks awsome on the 07 color.

Sherman,Hahahahaha, No my Bro gave up the pink stuff long time ago!!

Thanx!! I suspect the silver stripe kit would look awesome on the 08!!

WW
Well WW I finally broke down and ordered the silver stripe lit for my black 08. Looks awsome on the 07 color.
Jstewart,

I suspect you will be very happy with the stripe kit.

It will look great on your bike.

WW

Ok everyone...

It is late and I just finished some more farkling.

I tell ya.. What good is it to have farkles just sitting in the cupboard?

So yesterday, and today, was spent slapping and snapping my girl back together...

I could not keep my last two farkles away anymore...

As I have posted before, some of you know how much I like the color black...

Obviously, having been inspired by the 08/09's...

Like the rockers Ac/Dc would say,

[SIZE=36pt]"BACK IN BLACK!" [/SIZE]

2007BackinBlack.jpg

The Black Raven parts are done in a PPG Yamaha paint code (Yes, there is one) that is a match to the 08/09's color...

With multiple coats of clear, and all the pieces painted black were painted on both sides. A big shout out to my painter!!

I added the silver stripe kit (again, I like it) and also put the 09 raised chrome emblems on her. Notice, instead of putting

these emblems on like the factory, I chose to angle them to follow the lines of the front silver stripe. Different from

the US 08/09's, mine still has the silver subframe and tail section. I think it goes good with the silver stripes, wheels and

opted to keep it silver.

Sorry this pic isn't the greatest (at night, in the garage). More pics to come.

Webby

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am gonna apply to the WW Apprentice School of Farkling. Tell me when the wekly or monthley meetings are?

Did you put risers on too?

I need to see your audio set up. I might follow Radman, if I dont get any other ideas.

JB

She sure looks good webby I think I'll have to look into a reason to paint mine now.....
Nice work

:jester:
Appreciate it Busta!

Wow, that looks great!
Thanks Joe!

Good call on the emblem Webby...looks awesome!!
Glad to have your input on the idea Marc!

I'm not usually a big color black fan, but that is really, really nice
Thank You Patriot!

I think I am gonna apply to the WW Apprentice School of Farkling. Tell me when the wekly or monthley meetings are?
Did you put risers on too?

I need to see your audio set up. I might follow Radman, if I dont get any other ideas.

JB
Josh, No risers. The school is very expensive... But worth it.

Awfully pretty WW. But,....wait a minute....hey! That airbox sure looks funny!

:D
Hahahah!!

Needless to say I am very happy with how it turned out.

I will post some better pics later today.

Take care,

WW

Last edited by a moderator: