The Great White North Liberation Army Launches Attack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shot from the back side of the bus inching its way through the Needle's Eye....

13612295_499880100200585_2991833087067186538_n.jpg
So...the driver of a "Mt. Rushmore Tours" bus had to ask you if that road was the way to Mt. Rushmore?

You shoulda told him he had to make a Uuuuey.
biggrin.png

Thanks for the chuckles and the great photos. So, do you consider your invasion successful? Sounds like most of the plundering was done by US restaurants, hotels, and law enforcement officials.

That bus looks like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag. Great report guys. Looking forward to your next invasion.
smile.png

Great RR guys! Be safe on the rest of the ride home and don't forget to secure the bikes on the trailer. No one can fault you for being trailer queens on this trip. 5500 miles of pleasure and who knows how many kilometers.

It is not a retreat, it is a strategic withdrawal. Jeff posted up a video that Ray thought that I was attempting to breed with my FJR....
https://vimeo.com/173426203

I will have Ray know that I have sired many a baby Yamaha....

hqdefault.jpg
I should interject here that while we were in Keystone for a coffee, John and Jeff had to keep Billy herded away from this display of chain saw carvings. We were afraid there would be a public humping incident once again, which might have spawned some Ninjas..........

P1030329%20Medium_zpsr0jhelic.jpg

P1030327%20Medium_zpszu2dcvul.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^

I'm going to ignore this too and it was not Keystone where we stopped for coffee it was in Oil City. If Ray had a proper iPhone app instead of relying on Jeff's POS Samsung Ray might have a clue of where he was. That and reading the big sign as we entered the town.

We loaded up the bikes on the mothership that night after the ride with John through the Black Hills. The next morning we trucked over to the coffee shop in Spearfish hoping to see John one last time before heading back east. After John had posted earlier that I ride like an old woman I wanted to mention to John that he rides like my grandmother with a walker.

At one of our first gas stops in South Dakota we picked up this hitchhiker...

P1030371-L.jpg

Thee A plan was to get somewhere near Moline the first night but I had a nice nap in the back of the truck all afternoon and Ray had had his beauty sleep also so a command decision was made at sunset to keep rolling east....

P1030380-L.jpg

The reason this looks like we are headed west into the sunset is that Ray was using that POS Samsung GPS that Dodge uses in their Ram trucks. It's that or it was sunrise in Michigan and we are headed east. We missed stopping at Bust's since that lazy old fart would not have been out of bed anyways.

We withdrew across the border in the morning without incident and were back at Jeff's place near London, Ontario and got Jeff unloaded and finished the drive back to Ray's abode.

We unloaded my bike and gear and I transferred the bike into my trailer and instead of going straight home through Toronto rush hour I went over to Niagara Falls to visit my brother. It just happened that Dweezil Zappa was playing a free concert at the Canalside venue in Buffalo so my brother and I took the fifteen minute drive back over the border and stopped in at a little corner pub for some dinner and suds before catching the concert. I had a Buffalo favorite, beef on weck....

IMG_3574-L.jpg

The Creekside concert venue is next door to the Naval Park that hosts the decommissioned USS Little Rock among other ships....

IMG_3583-L.jpg

Dweezil Zappa and his band put on a great show down by the lake....

IMG_3581-L.jpg

If you have some time to spare watch this full screen and with your computer connected to a decent sound system....

I am now just sitting in my brother's basement waiting for the Toronto morning rush hour to end before making the final push home.

Maybe I should go over to Betty's for some pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been a awesome ride report.

For the life of me I don't understand why bring a wooden deer home - hopefully to throw darts at it or to claim the invasion actually captured something useful.
uhoh.gif

I' guessing the truck was parked to give the appearance having the critter on the truck.

A friend of mine had some fiberglass deer at his cabin outside Ellijay; you know, lawn ornaments or something? He used them for target practice with two simple rules: the shooter must sit in a rocking chair, and both feet must rest on some part of the rocking chair.

He's dead now, but always considered himself and his cabin as the first line of defense against foreign invaders like those depicted in this thread. (Wait until Homeland Security gets hold of this ....)

Billy, full screen and a great, fantastic, shit-kicking concert sound system isn't going to help listening to that. JSNS! :whistle:

I really enjoyed this RR, and all of the photos. Not sure if the "invasion" was a success, but spending time with friends, while on the bikes, looks to be a great success!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats and thanks,

Rob

Billy, full screen and a great, fantastic, shit-kicking concert sound system isn't going to help listening to that. JSNS!
whistle.gif
I see you like both kinds of music, Country and Western....

A friend of mine had some fiberglass deer at his cabin outside Ellijay; you know, lawn ornaments or something? He used them for target practice with two simple rules: the shooter must sit in a rocking chair, and both feet must rest on some part of the rocking chair.
He's dead now, but always considered himself and his cabin as the first line of defense against foreign invaders like those depicted in this thread. (Wait until Homeland Security gets hold of this ....)
I bet Homeland Security has hoovered this up already.

Thanks to Billy and Ray, or is it Billy Ray and Jeff?

It was a hoot riding with you guys and also watching your journey unfold both on your SPOT and here in the Invasion Report.

Billy, please let me know when your bike gives birth. JSNS

Thanks for sharing the invasion adventures y'all!

Based on the 12 previous pages of hi-jinx, I'd say we're pretty safe from any northern take-over.
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to next time!

--G

Mighty, mighty fine report Billy. Sometimes I feel like I'm the last Forumite who has not met you in person but someday I hope that will change.

You Northern Army guys blow me away, never suspected Dweezil would be part of your secret methods....nice move. .

Well, I got a chance to read the note left on my 13. I'm sure I will make note of it in an RR somewhere.

Great RR Billy Ray!

I have completed my entry for this year's FredW Lame Ass Film Festival to be held at Stowe VT during NERDS '16.....

https://vimeo.com/174183774

This lame ass video was produced by lame ass Tip Over Cookie Productions, filmed on a lame ass '06 AE FJR using a lame ass GoPro Hero 3. Filmed on location in the lame ass Sawtooth Mountains in lame ass Idaho. Edited on a lame ass MacBook Pro using lame ass Final Cut Pro X software. I did the editing with one hand while my other hand was holding some lame ass Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey. The only thing that could have made this more lame ass is if I had used a Samsung.