The ONE Picture Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March 8, 2019

Quality v/s Quantity

One of my favorite jokes is the one about the old bull and the yearling:

(Yearling) Hey Hey!! Ive got an idea!! Lets RUN over to that pasture and jump on ONE of those cows!!

(Old Bull) Ive got a better idea. Lets STROLL over there and jump on ALL of them.

That little riddle is ringing crystal clear in my mind these days. It seems Ive lived my entire live in a perpetual fire drill. Always running and always running at near wide open throttle. Trying to push it to get the very most out of every day. A man that lives a full live has to make the most out of every day. Hes got to wake up early. Hes got to plan his time carefully, and hes got to make sure that his daily list is checked twice before he lays down for the night.

Now hold on just a dog gone minute. Why, pray tell. WHY must it be that way now? And who says we have to run full throttle anymore?

Its time to slow down. Its time to realize that the end is closer than the beginning and sooner or later, QUALITY is going to be more important than QUANTITY in the time department. Its better to spend your energy in a meaningful and pleasant way. Dont worry so much about getting to the bottom of the list. That fucking list will be there tomorrow. Lets enjoy TODAY right NOW while we are still healthy and happy enough to do it.

John and I have had a great day on the bikes. We could have ridden 500 miles, but instead, we chose to ride half of that. We could have left at the crack of dawn, but instead we chose to wake up whenever, enjoy some coffee and breakfast, and leave when we darn well felt like it. We could have rolled back into Chez Pants at dark thirty dead tired and worn out, but instead we chose to quit early because there are others coming.

The others arrived early too, and it was terrific. The beer was cold and the gumbo was already cooked. We just put a low heat on that pot and let it simmer for a while. There was nothing left to do except relax. Chew the fat with each other and enjoy the camaraderie. Share some laughs and just enjoy it.

John%20and%20Turk_27-X3.jpg

Ill take 2 hours of QUALITY any day.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

King cake? Do I see king cake? OMG I am so jonesing for king cake. Ah yes, Lafayette, LA... well of course there's king cake. But no throws? King cake and no throws in sight? Oh my oh my oh my...

Bwuhahahaha.TIME PLACES AND SPEEDS MAY BE REDACTED! Me and the favorite lady left this morning to go on a 20 mile ride to have a drink at **************

She likes going fast, and since it was the 1st real ride of the season, we were both kinda looking forward to it.

On the way down there, we hit a couple of straight stretches that I had a chance to open up the fjr She likes to ride fast and I can feel her glancing over my right shoulder to see the speedo. Love that gal! We made it up to ************* and as we slowed down, saw a county sheriff coming the other way, it was all good, we were doin the speed limit.

Anyhoo, we get down to }NP_:::::: and she realizes that she has lost her hair tie. She always does a braid and has her hair quite tight. When we got to *************** she mentioned to the bartender that she had lost her hair tie, so the bartender lent her one. We had lunch and a drink and headed back to town.

We just happened to end up right behind a solo harley and a line of cars. I don't often speak highly of harleys and their pilots but this guy could ride. Doin the things that I normally would do we stuck on the ********* hiway behind a prius being driven by a blue hair.

After about 7 miles and some passes, we had slowed down as a stater was coming the other way. He slammed on the binders and hung a uturn. I was hoping he was gonna nab the harley rider, so I puled to the side as he was flashin his blues. He looked me right in the eye and wagged his finger........................... as in slow down and follow me kinda waggin.

Side of the road, leo got the paperwork from me and the harley guy and was sittin in his ford writing up tickets. I spent a little time chatting up the harley guy and complimenting him on his riding. It was a little bit of a bonding moment between riders and we both figured the leo didnt get laid last nite. LOL

Got done chattin with the Harley guy and walked back to the fjr and my lady friend. I happened to glance down at the road and saw something that looked like a hair tie, sitting there on the side of the road, not even 6 inches from my rear tire. I picked it up and showed it to her and her eyes got big and she asked "Where the FFFF did you find that????"

"Side of the road, about 6" from the rear tire"

"NO FN WAY!!!"

"Yup"

It was the hairband that we had lost 30 miles earlier going in a different direction. She knew it immediately. The leo gave the harley guy and i a PERFORMANCE AWARD for 10 mph over the limit, $125

1 hair tie $125

The odds of parking right next to it while being pulled over. Proly about 1 in 7 billion or more. Now you might be thinking that when it came off of her hair it got stuck somewhere on the bike and fell off while I was getting out my paperwork for leo. Well, that could very well be. but there was at least an hour and we got the fjr up to ************ between then and now. The chances of it sticking to the bike or 1 of us are about as good as the chances of pulling over beside it on the road.

We've put a lot of miles on together. There is no other lady that i like on the back of my bikes more than her. We always have a hoot.

I'm gonna frame the ticket and the hairband. You can't make this shit up.

Hair tie, $125

Memories, absolutely PRICELESS!
Karma, yeah, it's a thing.................

58639028_134480624287059_7046778848574177280_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it for a 3-day sol trip to start off well this year riding season. I got out on Friday morning, did the Oregon coast, wandered a bit around the border of CA and OR and went back North through Central OR to WA and home. Except for the Friday morning the trip was accompanied by some perfect weather all day long and have exceeded everything I was hoping for. So many great places to visit, so many great views and so many great opportunities to disconnect and simply enjoy the road.

IMG_20190504_161750425_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
5/28/2019 Cayuse Pass

61537291_10157326463694628_260747563324407808_o.jpg

It was a good 3 pass day [White, Chinook, Cayuse] with a low of 57 and a high 77 degrees. Even with the rain and hail, it still was a great day. Well it was for me but not so much for my riding buddy and his blue jeans.

Still would have rather been at White Horse, BC with Pan and escapefjrtist.

5/28/2019 Cayuse Pass

It was a good 3 pass day [White, Chinook, Cayuse] with a low of 57 and a high 77 degrees. Even with the rain and hail, it still was a great day. Well it was for me but not so much for my riding buddy and his blue jeans.

I just wish I had a 3 day pass to ride with my good Pie Man buddy.
not_i.gif

5/28/2019 Cayuse Pass

Now Panman & escapefjrtist are in Dawson City and I'm even more jealous.

5/28/2019 Cayuse Pass

Went that way Thurs., little lake has not cleared yet. 410 to naches and across the back valley to 821, darn such a road for a 45mph limit, very plain blue suv issuing, home I-90 from Cle Elum. (breakfast at the Black Diamond Bakery, yummy stuff) Amazing watching all those folks going to work around seattle.