The Sickness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Confession time.

As I've stated in the past, I have been battling with a severe substance abuse problem over the years that occasionally gets out of control. I have it in check for the most part, but sometimes the, Monster takes me down for the count. Those of you who have ever battled a narcotic addiction know exactly what I mean.

When I lose control, I exhibit questionable judgement. Like last Thursday.... I lost control to the drug, and the results can be sick and demented.

Let me show you what happened this time...

.... sure you want to see this?

.... okay, steel yourself, you 've been warned

Warchild's Latest Sickness:

day1-right.jpg

day1-left.jpg

day1-rightqtr.jpg

rear.jpg

Pretty sick, huh?
icon_twisted.gif

This is what addiction to the narcotic motocyclene will do to ya....

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for you WC, I've seen this before... there is only one sure cure... my shipping adress is... :bleh:

Congrats on the new scoot!

Good God man!!! I was feeling heartfelt feelings for you... especially since I have a family member that battles the narc indulgment. You got me on that one. BTW... nice new scooter... I LOVE the color. Wish the Feejer came in that color. Me want one!

Heidi

You know, I love the look of the R1. Except for one thing (besides it's not in my driveway, of course). I'm spoiled by the integrated turn signals of my 05 FJR, I really think stalks look funny/goofy now.

Uh....isn't that almost Honda red? Not that I have anything against Hondas. Some of my best friends ride Hondas.

Red draws women and police. How are you going to handle that?

Congratulations on your new baby. Are you going to keep the Blackbird?

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very sexy bike. I am jealous.

An FJR would look nice in that color.

That is different when the brakelight is white until applied.

What an awesome machine ! I love the look of them in black as well

If ever there was a sport bike that tempts me , thats the one !!

shame you didnt have it for the utah ride ..... :)

Ray

Congrats on the new scooter. I know you’ve mentioned missing your Fireblade, so this should help fill that void in your life.

It looks like your already farkling it up wih a double bubble shield and a damper. Any other plans? Perhaps a fuel cell?

icon_twisted.gif

WarChild

Dan should have never let you use the R1 while yours was beining fixed. :haha: :atv:

rogerfjrfaster :D

Dale,

Welcome to the dark side! You will soon find that your powers are stronger than they have ever been before. However, with great power comes great sacrifice. You must accessorize!

You chose the best color to optimize your powers brother!

Go forth and mod!

ToBeFastOnYourRedR1

Yours Truly,

Dale

Congratulations on your new baby. Are you going to keep the Blackbird?
Oh, yes, without question! I will sell off everything before I give up the XX, trust me!

It looks like your already farkling it up wih a double bubble shield and a damper. Any other plans?
The damper is OEM equipment. Further mods are mostly cosmetic for now... tho I have fitted a GYT-R Carbon Fiber tank protector:

tankprotector.jpg

And the black aluminum Yamaha spools for the R1 (so I can use the Pit Bull to raise the rear of the bike once my spool adapters arrive!) :

spools.jpg

Future mods include the solo seat cowl, and this totally kick-ass integrated LED panel so I can do away with that hideous rear fender:

customled04.gif

What's in your stable now?
The XX, the FJR, and now this. Like I say, it's an addiction..... :dribble:

Sadly, the addiction has no known cure. Please accept my heartfelt condolences as you battle this terrrible disease and take comfort in the knowledge that I or any other on this board would sacrifice ourselfs to spare you the pain, trauma and the shame of your addicition.

Enjoy

Larry

God help the R1 forums! They don't know what's about to hit them (and their wallets as the R1 group buys get organized) . :D

Seriously it's a nice ride but the last picture I saw of you, you were wearing white socks and sandels. Full color co-ordinated leather is "de rigeur" for the R1, don't you know.

So, is that red bike like a dinghy for your FJR? Do you carry it on davits on the back of Hirschjaeger? :p

Congratulation Warchild. What a beautiful scooter. The only problem with them is that they invoke another disease and that is not what you need right now with your previous addictions. The disease is named "Oh my God did my right wrist just do all that" :huh:

Cheers.

Marc Still waiting for the June delivery on the FJR. :angry:

Yes, that ride looks very nice and very fast. How's the insurance? That is the only thing that holds me back from buy a 'new' sportbike.

Do they make that tank protector for the FJR?