The Why Not 2023 - Registration, Dinner and Shirt Orders- 7/19/23 UPDATE - WITH FREE STUFF!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be leaving Union Gap sometime Thurs morning on a semi-circuitous route to Baker City. If there's anyone in that area that wants to ride along, I can always use the company. Just slow down once in a while so I can catch up.

I will be leaving Union Gap sometime Thurs morning on a semi-circuitous route to Baker City. If there's anyone in that area that wants to ride along, I can always use the company. Just slow down once in a while so I can catch up.
BMWs in the back! See you Thursday Steve.

~G

Will there be a table or some other location where we can put stuff we bring to give away for free? I have all the side bag plugs, unused, for a 2006 as well as a right side mirror assembly for a 2006 that I epoxied together. A manual for the Penske 8980 series. You know, stuff like that.
We should be able to set one up at the dinner venue, I am planning on having one for raffle/give away items as well.

FJR Riders,
I have paid for the dinner on Saturday night but now recently have to be back in the Tri-Cities WA area on Sunday at 8am, therefore am not going to be at the prime rib dinner, if anyone wants an extra the meal is paid for. First dibs on anyone who wanted the Saturday dinner. I will PM the receipt that I have paid for dinner.

No funds exchanged please.
You may be in "luck" it looks like I screwed the pooch back in March and and gave him the wrong date for dinner! Dinner is going to be on FRIDAY night. Announcement forthcoming!

T'was a good run to Yaak! In Columbus MT. tonight, searching for a rear tire tomorrow morning!

Too much fun being had...

~G
Not knowing your route so don't know your tire options. Baker City does have a dealer ---> https://www.oregontrailsports.com/ or worse case I am pulling the Bushtec. I have a Road 6 GT with 550 miles on it, the bummer is I would have to replace it with a new one...

Lemme know if I can help - call me though I will be in the garage all day!

OK folks you know the saying "to err is human"? Welllllllllllllll, back in March when I got a hold of the OTM who is catering dinner I corked the canine and told him the date was the 8th for dinner. Long story short they cannot switch to Saturday at this late date so DINNER IS ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE ELKS LODGE! SPREAD THE WORD !

OK folks you know the saying "to err is human"? Welllllllllllllll, back in March when I got a hold of the OTM who is catering dinner I corked the canine and told him the date was the 8th for dinner. Long story short they cannot switch to Saturday at this late date so DINNER IS ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE ELKS LODGE! SPREAD THE WORD !

I'm already hungry so it won't affect me. I'm sure the rumbling stomachs of others tell the same story.

FJR Riders,
I have paid for the dinner on Saturday night but now recently have to be back in the Tri-Cities WA area on Sunday at 8am, therefore am not going to be at the prime rib dinner, if anyone wants an extra the meal is paid for. First dibs on anyone who wanted the Saturday dinner. I will PM the receipt that I have paid for dinner.

No funds exchanged please.
Dinner is on Friday - I will be in attendance now.

Not knowing your route so don't know your tire options. Baker City does have a dealer ---> https://www.oregontrailsports.com/ or worse case I am pulling the Bushtec. I have a Road 6 GT with 550 miles on it, the bummer is I would have to replace it with a new one...

Lemme know if I can help - call me though I will be in the garage all day!
We're set JP, thank for the offer. It's not a problem if you can solve it with $$$, and we solved it!

Sitting in Cody tonight watching the sunset. See you Thursday.

~G

My buddy Robert and I are bedded down in an historic hotel here in Alturas, California. We left San Jose before the crack of dawn this morning to beat the rush hour traffic; we were successful.

Had a really nice breakfast at Mom’s Diner, just south of Oreville, on Highway 70.

Then headed up The Feather River Route to Highway 89, then past Lake Almanor, Susanville, and then finally Alturas. This bustling metropolis rolls its streets up at 6:00 sharp.

Looking forward for another full day’s ride to Baker City tomorrow.

Brodie
😁

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5608.jpeg
    IMG_5608.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230906162820_SCENIC.jpeg
    20230906162820_SCENIC.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I'll be coming down Friday afternoon riding my '14ES that escapfjrartist setup for the guy I bought it from used. Wondering if I'm blasting down I-84 or will have time to catch a good road to get there. What time is dinner?

Looking forward to catching up with some old friends and say hi to some forum dwellers I haven't met yet. :)