The Why Not 2023 - Registration, Dinner and Shirt Orders- 7/19/23 UPDATE - WITH FREE STUFF!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning friends!
Well we have concluded registration, placed orders for Saturdays dinner and placed the shirt order!
We are 35 strong to date with 31 dinner/registration participants and 4 registration only participants.
As an added bonus I was placing an order for speed bleeders for our new bike this morning and went ahead and added another set of five to fit an FJR Gen II with ABS which will be raffled off at dinner on Saturday!
Looking forward to this!
JP and Mel
I was a bone head and didn't get shirts ordered in time.

I bought a work in progress 04 w/ABS 3 weeks ago. It was leaking fuel and had a no dot cam chain tensioner (CCT) with 44k miles on it. The fuel leak coming from the return line has been resolved and a new green dot (CCT) installed.

It would be nice to put a face to some of the people that have provided the how to's on this forum as well as the other FJR forum.

I was not sure if my FJR would be ready for the Y Knot and did not register before the deadline. It is still summer, if I can't find an affordable room in Baker City, there are plenty of camping opportunities in the area. I imagine if I mingle around the Oregon Trail late afternoon on the 7th I will find some FJR folks and go from there. I figure it is best to let you guys know who the new guy is ahead of time instead of crashing the party.

I look forward to taking my FJR on its official first road trip, meeting FJR forum folks and feeling the freedom of the road! The Y Knot (I'm an old longliner) or Why Not is perfect for all of this.

Now to figure out which fasteners go where and put the Tupperware puzzle back together. It was already missing some fasteners and quick connectors ( I broke a couple quick connectors as well). Eddy Rascal could be my new best friend ; )

See you guys in about a week. My FJR isn't pretty but she sure can cook!

I bought a work in progress 04 w/ABS 3 weeks ago. It was leaking fuel and had a no dot cam chain tensioner (CCT) with 44k miles on it. The fuel leak coming from the return line has been resolved and a new green dot (CCT) installed.

It would be nice to put a face to some of the people that have provided the how to's on this forum as well as the other FJR forum.

I was not sure if my FJR would be ready for the Y Knot and did not register before the deadline. It is still summer, if I can't find an affordable room in Baker City, there are plenty of camping opportunities in the area. I imagine if I mingle around the Oregon Trail late afternoon on the 7th I will find some FJR folks and go from there. I figure it is best to let you guys know who the new guy is ahead of time instead of crashing the party.

I look forward to taking my FJR on its official first road trip, meeting FJR forum folks and feeling the freedom of the road! The Y Knot (I'm an old longliner) or Why Not is perfect for all of this.

Now to figure out which fasteners go where and put the Tupperware puzzle back together. It was already missing some fasteners and quick connectors ( I broke a couple quick connectors as well). Eddy Rascal could be my new best friend ; )

If you are ok sharing a room, there is space in the one I have.

If you are ok sharing a room, there is space in the one I have.
I am more than okay with sharing a room; I can sleep just about darn near anywhere. That is pretty daring and kind of you to offer this. I have tried to sleep in a small place with three heavy snoring individuals; I couldn't believe they didn't wake each other up. It sounds like I may not need to pack for Moto camping? Maybe a sleeping bag and pad for the space in your room? ***Update**** I see you have a double so no need for the sleeping bag and pad!

I am more than okay with sharing a room; I can sleep just about darn near anywhere. That is pretty daring and kind of you to offer this. I have tried to sleep in a small place with three heavy snoring individuals; I couldn't believe they didn't wake each other up. It sounds like I may not need to pack for Moto camping? Maybe a sleeping bag and pad for the space in your room? ***Update**** I see you have a double so no need for the sleeping bag and pad!
Brian is good people, I've traveled with him but not shared a room so can't tell you if he's a noise maker.

Buda,

This is a free country and no one will be considered "crashing the party". Nice work on your 04!

I have 31 that paid for dinner and I committed to 35 dinners knowing there are always some stragglers, are you interested? 32 bucks for the Prime Rib and we are going to have a raffle as well as some cool give a ways... lemme know.

Look forward to meeting you.

JP

Buda,

This is a free country and no one will be considered "crashing the party". Nice work on your 04!

I have 31 that paid for dinner and I committed to 35 dinners knowing there are always some stragglers, are you interested? 32 bucks for the Prime Rib and we are going to have a raffle as well as some cool give a ways... lemme know.

Look forward to meeting you.

JP
Heck yes I am in for a $32 Prime Rib dinner!

My bike sounds much better with the new green dot cam chain tensioner.

Now to get the Tupperware back on!

Heck yes I am in for a $32 Prime Rib dinner!

My bike sounds much better with the new green dot cam chain tensioner.

Now to get the Tupperware back on!
Sahweet! Can you PayPal or Venmo me the $32.00 to keep it clean.

Glad to hear your getting your bike dialed.

I am in the process myself transferring a bunch of parts from Sam to Samual my new 2010. Yesterday was Speed Bleeders all around followed by brake/ABS and clutch flush, got my fuseblock installed, powered up and leads ran to the cockpit, new air filter (no more mouse house), LED Headlights installed. Today is terminate leads at Ram Mounts for the various electronics, do the GIVI tank ring, swap my Ivan Reflash ECU on Sam to Samual. Got the tailpiece back on yesterday today is easy on the tupperware with both sets of side panels and the four inner dash panels.

See ya next week!

Will there be a table or some other location where we can put stuff we bring to give away for free? I have all the side bag plugs, unused, for a 2006 as well as a right side mirror assembly for a 2006 that I epoxied together. A manual for the Penske 8980 series. You know, stuff like that.

I will be leaving Bellingham tomorrow (Monday) and heading East across Hwy 20 (North Cross State Hwy) through Colville where I crashed my 2016 last year, then will somehow manage to make my way down to Baker City by Thursday. Don't have a real plan as yet, but I will make it up as I go along and try to find some twisty roads along the way. May even end up in Idaho for a spell. Might have to actually look at a map sometime before I leave, just to get an idea of what I need to do.

I will be leaving Bellingham tomorrow (Monday) and heading East across Hwy 20 (North Cross State Hwy) through Colville where I crashed my 2016 last year, then will somehow manage to make my way down to Baker City by Thursday. Don't have a real plan as yet, but I will make it up as I go along and try to find some twisty roads along the way. May even end up in Idaho for a spell. Might have to actually look at a map sometime before I leave, just to get an idea of what I need to do.
Panman and I left Colville this morning. Took the twisty route and ended up in Kalispell tonight. Road to Yaak is worth exploring and MT567 back to Libby is a good run too.

Enjoy, but don't get lost too badly!! See you Thursday in Baker City.

~G

If either of you find yourself at the bottom of Lolo pass (Hwy 12).... you can go south on Hwy 13 about 15 miles and Hwy 14 out to Elk City is worth the trip. It is one way in and one way out, but excellent in both directions.

If you are coming down Idaho 95, you can take 13 west out of Grangeville and hit Hwy 14 in 10 miles or so from the other side. Have fun, I'll be leaving Spokane on Thursday... see you down there.

FJR Riders,
I have paid for the dinner on Saturday night but now recently have to be back in the Tri-Cities WA area on Sunday at 8am, therefore am not going to be at the prime rib dinner, if anyone wants an extra the meal is paid for. First dibs on anyone who wanted the Saturday dinner. I will PM the receipt that I have paid for dinner.

No funds exchanged please.

Last edited: