thoughts on FJR after 6 months together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrat

Reaction score
this is just my opinion, after having my fjr for a while.....no. 1,,,,,rode 150 mile yesterday, 150 today, started out when the amient temp. was about 60*,,,,where's all the heat some have been whining,crying, and sniveling about????? i could'nt feel any,,,got 80*,,still no heat.[bought my bike new in may, already 90 something everyday] these bikes ARE NOT any hotter than my 2 triumphs. no. 2,,,,lots of wind today, iv'e never heard it mentioned on this forum how well the fjr cuts the wind,,,, the cruisers were being blown all over,,,I WAS NOT. got off an '05 midnight roadstar when i got the fjr,,, daylight and dark. no. 3,,,,mine is an AE, can't help but wondering WTF were they thinking when they developed it,,,, but,,,i like it,,,,and would buy another!!!!no. 4 the mirrors are too short, can't get clear sight of my 6,,, bought some f1 ,f6 something mirrors from univ. motors while back,,,,did'nt put them on 'cause they're too damn ugly,,,i'll take form over function for a while 'cause i ride on low traffic country roads mostly. no.5,,,,the throttle situation of being too tight???, i just ride mine and adapt to what they've provided for my enjoyment, if a old and tired sumbitch like me can ride it, and enjoy it so much,,,,what are some of you SPOILED-ASS youngsters sniveling about?????YEAH YOU,,I'E GOT GRAND-CHILDREN OLDER THAN YOU!!!!all in all,,,, this is a FINE motorcycle, and i hope i can ride it in good health, for a while!!!! looked at an fjr and an c-14 side by side yesterday,,,,both silver,,,, they got a way to go yet!!!!! just my opinion.......like asses.......

fatrat....your forum style reminds me of another guy who went by the name of ratt on the cycleworld forum. You didn't by chance sell your Harley and buy a dillycycle now did you??

No1... no one I know ever said the Gen II bikes had a heat problem. and I see you have a 06 AE.

I have the better looking 06 A model and the only thing that gets hot is me when I tear open the throttle.

No 2. How freaking old are you? And yeah, I don't care if you are Arnold Swartzeneger, the throttle spring is kinda stiff. Not a problem for me either, but I can tell the difference.

No.3. The FJR is a great bike, glad you agree.

KM

I am with fatrat, I really don't find it stiff. Maybe if I rode someones with the spring mod I might think otherwise.

after riding cruisers for 40 years [and a bsa chopper in '74-75] i found the lean-forward position of fjr a little awkward,, so,, i finally settled on ALWAYS leaving my windsheild down to let the wind help support my weight. the lean-forward weight on the handlebars keep the throttle to wherever it's rolled. remember,,,,, just an opinion.