Thread spin off about possible change to Rotella Diesel Oil

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you deep fry a turkey with this oil?
What bike you calling a 'turkey'...? :unsure:

What about a duck? Inquiring minds want to know!
I use Mobil 1 for duck.
A lot of Duc(k) owners use Mobil 1 (I've heard).

It seems to make the fat crackle a little more.
Duc(k)s have a distinctive exhaust note -- but, "fat crackle" is a term I've not heard applied to them before. :rolleyes:

but I am still having nightmares about all the quacking going on while dipping them in.
I've never heard of 'duck dip' -- 'sheep dip', yes... (Uh-Oh, now I've gone and done it...) :eek: :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you deep fry a turkey with this oil?
What about a duck? Inquiring minds want to know!
I use Mobil 1 for duck. It seems to make the fat crackle a little more..but I am still having nightmares about all the quacking going on while dipping them in.
Thank you very much for this valuable information, cometman. Clearly there are way too many unanswered questions for this very important thread to die so soon!

I can see at least another 18 months, even up to 2 years, before all facts are clearly defined, completely analyzed and accurately compiled regarding Shiny's thread!

Rotella 5-40 T6, JASO MA right on the label now.

t6003.jpg

Where are all the dead engines, with all this concern of bad motor oil?

How many have died prematurely using what oil, and having what mileage?

Where are all the dead engines, with all this concern of bad motor oil?
How many have died prematurely using what oil, and having what mileage?
droptail, a private message to ShinyPartsUp will result in your being mailed an in depth listing of all the dead engines by serial number and at the precise mileages!

But please be advised, this offer is only available on Friday's!!!

Where are all the dead engines, with all this concern of bad motor oil? How many have died prematurely using what oil, and having what mileage?
droptail, a private message to ShinyPartsUp will result in your being mailed an in depth listing of all the dead engines by serial number and at the precise mileages!

But please be advised, this offer is only available on Friday's!!!

:asshat:

:p

My Fantastic FJR Forum Friends: Sometimes there are threads here just way too damn entertaining and informative: They should never die! Returned for your enjoyment!

Bastard! I stopped "cold turkey" on oil threads years ago.... now this temptation hits me at a weak moment.... Repeat after me... I will not drink the kool-aid....

zombie_girl.jpg

While this particular thread isn't an ancient, creaking, dust-covered zombie like some/most around here, it IS particularly foul and stinky, deserving of its own representative graphic.

OMFG...You assholes weren't kidding.

Oh well...So, I think Rotella is the bomb and it was on sale at my Walmart last week.

it IS particularly foul and stinky,
Just like mi bastard step-pappy beemerdons! What a dork!
Skooter, I hate agreeing with you, but papa chuey deserves the disrespect for dredging up this abortion of a thread.
No doubt. It's an egregious offense. Perhaps I should put him on FJRForum 'Time-Out' for a week or so!
Oh Gawd, Yes...please do! I'll even join him in 'Time-Out' if it makes your decision-making any easier. I'll take the hit to preserve the sanctity (and sanity) of the forum! :rofl:

(besides, YOU brought up the idea of a "sanction", so if you DON'T do it, you ain't got no huevos!)

zombie_girl.jpg

While this particular thread isn't an ancient, creaking, dust-covered zombie like some/most around here, it IS particularly foul and stinky, deserving of its own representative graphic.
Is that Rotella 5-40 T6 dripping from the zombies mouth? should synthetic oil be used for zombies? how many death bites should a zombie get to the quart?

Latest posts