Tickled with my dealer!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beacher

Reaction score
I got in on the "group buy" for the Helibars a couple of months ago, and also got Brodie's ignition fix harness, but since I live in the Seattle-Tacoma area of the great (although rainy!) Northwest, and have no garage (ah, don't sweat it guys, it stays under a really nice cover!) in which to work, I hadn't installed them yet. I got my ignition switch recall notice a few weeks ago, so when I made the appointment, I talked to the shop guy, and he told me that since they'd have to remove the tank and clamp to do the "switch-out", they'd be glad to do both installations for free! And they did! Great job, done in 2 hours, and they complimented Brodie's work on the harness. I was so tickled that I kicked $20 to the guys and told them how much I appreciated it, and to go get themselves some donuts or burgers. . . The dealer? Tacoma Motorsports. And I've got some friends that also speak highly of them, also. From past experience and some of the things posted here on the forum, I figure we should spread the word amongst ourselves when we find a good one. . .

What...somebody had something nice to say about a dealer! Most people only post about how bad they got ripped off at the "stealer".

P.S.

Being a professional that happens to make his living at a dealership. That really urkes me.

But thaks for saying something nice for once. More people should follow your example.

What...somebody had something nice to say about a dealer! Most people only post about how bad they got ripped off at the "stealer".

P.S.

Being a professional that happens to make his living at a dealership. That really urkes me.

But thaks for saying something nice for once. More people should follow your example.

Ah yes, but if I came to you at your shop and told you my bike had a grounding problem with the wiring harness and it was a problem at the junction at the left side of my wireing harness your boss would tell me not to buy into the internet hysteria!--- even though it had a hole burned through it.

Thats what my shop would tell me and that irks me! You should make it a point to not let that crap happen and eventually the word would spred that YOU guys are good at what you do. I like my shop but they are behind the times and it is fustrating when you have the collective bunch on this site and two mechanics at the shop that don't want to believe and it goes from there.

No knock on you cause you are the rare one out there but I went to my shop with a ticker and it was like trying to tell them that the light bulb will be invented someday and they said no way!

I got my ticker fixed only because the area rep " BOUGHT MY STORY " so they say .

If I had a shop I would hire you and pay you big bucks because good wrench's make the shop and I've read some of your posts so I know what your trying to say----- signed--a gear head who's been there!

If I had a shop I would hire you and pay you big bucks because good wrench's make the shop and I've read some of your posts so I know what your trying to say----- signed--a gear head who's been there!
I wish somebody would. Dealerships are hurting these days, and I am looking into leaving the "delership" environment for a smaller private shop. I love working with the newest coolest latest technology...but I still have a mortgage to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish somebody would. Dealerships are hurting these days, and I am looking into leaving the "delership" environment for a smaller private shop. I love working with the newest coolest latest technology...but I still have a mortgage to pay.
I just got my bike back from Bobby J's Yamaha in Albuquerque after they finished the switch recall and a service. No scratches on the tank and everything buttoned up very nicely. Those guys do really good work, so +1 to another good dealer service dept.

I got in on the "group buy" for the Helibars a couple of months ago, and also got Brodie's ignition fix harness, but since I live in the Seattle-Tacoma area of the great (although rainy!) Northwest, and have no garage (ah, don't sweat it guys, it stays under a really nice cover!) in which to work, I hadn't installed them yet. I got my ignition switch recall notice a few weeks ago, so when I made the appointment, I talked to the shop guy, and he told me that since they'd have to remove the tank and clamp to do the "switch-out", they'd be glad to do both installations for free! And they did! Great job, done in 2 hours, and they complimented Brodie's work on the harness. I was so tickled that I kicked $20 to the guys and told them how much I appreciated it, and to go get themselves some donuts or burgers. . . The dealer? Tacoma Motorsports. And I've got some friends that also speak highly of them, also. From past experience and some of the things posted here on the forum, I figure we should spread the word amongst ourselves when we find a good one. . .
So which one did you go to and do you know the name of the service guy who did your work?

Dropped my bike off 3 weeks ago for the dealer to do a 5000 mile service, ignition recall, TSB's, synch TB's, and take some freeplay out of the throttle. Picked it up last night and I'm happy to report no scratches,dents,missing or striped bolts, and everything looks tight and the bikes runs great. So hats off to the service dept. at Outlaw cycles in Salina Kansas.

Before everyone jumps on the 3 week turn around time it was me not them, I was outta town for that amount of time and they put the bike in the back of their building away from all the traffic until I was able to pick it up. Since I read all of the concerns and problems that some have had with dealers, I just thought it would be nice to post the good experiences also.

Stan

Just so you guys know, there's a sub-forum for dealer feedback... check the rules at the top before posting. It's handy having it all in one location.

Here it is.

Maybe there should be a sub-forum for dealer bashing?
I like it. We could have a "Bashing" section. Two forums could be "Dealer" and "Harley". DCarver or Odot would probably moderate the "Harley" one if you'll do the one for the dealer. :jerry:

Hey Gypsy, the dealership was Tacoma Motorsports at 4701 Center Street, Tacoma. PH# 253-564-8678. I'm pretty sure that the work was done by Jasen White, the service manager. Nice guy, good work!