Tie Down Points for Trailering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agrats84

Reaction score
I'm towing my FJR and my dad's Goldwing up to Maine this summer (he tows the RV). I was wondering where the best tie down points are and any other recommendations. I saw a post on here about attaching the straps to sliders, but I don't have them. There has to be a conventional way to compress the fork. I found points in the back to the frame but the front has me a bit puzzled because of the faring. Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I agree with CODAN. I own both and the cycle cynch and a canyon dancer and the cycle cynch is a better system.

If you do not already own or want to purchase a canyon dancer type harness, a set of soft ties will work. Simply loop one end through the other and cinch down around the grips. Done it many times without incident. Remember though that the FJR does not have solid bars, so don't get carried away. I would suggest a bike shoe of some sort as well. It would be cheap insurance compared to the repair bill If one of the straps happened to fail.

in my documentation with helibar risers I just installed it said you can't secure the bike with the handlebars with the riders in place. doesn't really make sense to me but just an FYI

When I've trailered a bike I loop the soft ties aound the fork leg, just above the lower triple clamp. This takes care of most of the pressure compressing the forks. I then use a canyon dancer barely snug, more for stability. I've never had a problem. As already mentioned, don't use alot of pressure on the handlebars. Tie off the back as needed.

Glenn