TMT MadCamp 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esteban

Reaction score
Anually we organise a one night camp at the first or second week of January. Our aim is the spend the night at extreme cold weather and eat like animals :) and drink like idiots :yahoo: Our camping area is located at the northwest of the country around a lake called Poyrazlar. I hope you enjoy my first ride report.

Not to much to ride ,only 170 km away from Istanbul. Most of it on the boring highway.

fotograf4.png
]

Our first gathering point , the weather is heavy rainy and we are feeding ourselves and bikes.

IMG_5473.jpg

Trying to make my helmet rainfree with some solutions before riding

IMG_5477.jpg

Leaving the gathering point with 5 bikes and 2 cars

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

Pics taken from cars of our friends during the ride,

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

Me waiting with low speed around 90km/h for the other bikes (1 Honda Varadero, 1 Aprilla Capanord, 1 Yamaha Fazer 600 and 1 Yamaha MT-1)

IMG_5517.jpg

Getting angry with my friend when he shows me his hot leg from his car :)

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

As said before I hate highway riding , boring ,boring :angry:

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

weather is still same ;

IMG_5552.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

Getting closer to our camp area,

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

yess we finally see the sun :yahoo: but it is getting much colder now. This means snow is coming :yahoo:

IMG_5626.jpg

The butcher in the village is very happy to see us, after us I guess he closed his shop and went for spending the money :)

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

Cars are only good for carrying stuff :)

IMG_5657.jpg

Lake is towards us now and the weather looks fine for now. That was something we wished for cos we can make our fire and tents more easly.

IMG_5661.jpg

As you will see on the right hand side of this pic. there is a closed place and somehowe one of our friend was able to get the keys to the door and the guards let us spend the night at that place. We all placed our tents around this place and created ourselves a wetfree and windfree area. Cos at that area the temp will be -10 Celcius in acouple of hours.

IMG_5666.jpg

and the snow shows itself finally ..As just we had planned and dreamed of :)

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5731.jpg

Our fire lasted for at least 12 hrs...

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5798.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

My Fjr is safe :)

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

I think this is the worst FJR pic ever on the forum :)

IMG_5871.jpg

After a freezing night at -10 Celcius degree , like 7 am we woke up and run next to the fire again.

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

We are luck to see the sun shining back again, now we wait for the ice to melt on the surface...During the time we feed ourselves again and again :D . No drinking for sure only Alca Seltzer is allowed :)

IMG_5888.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

Feeding other animals around,

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

Some shooting exercises to empty beer cans

IMG_5917.jpg

And the surface is good now for riding back home..We all enjoyed our camp this year and I hope you enjoyed reading the report. Thank you...

IMG_5928.jpg

DSCN0136-1.jpg

Bravo! Great ride report, really enjoyed the pictures. Rode in the rain, camped in the cold snow, ate and drank plus shooting guns- real men for sure.

Ummm, yummy looking BBQ. Those geese looked worried.

Wife and I are considering a trip down the Adriatic coast. Might just have to cross the Bosphorus. Maybe next year?

Thanks for posting.

Bravo! Great ride report, really enjoyed the pictures. Rode in the rain, camped in the cold snow, ate and drank plus shooting guns- real men for sure.
+1, Gunny; Excellent Ride Report, moto riding Turkey is definitely on this Old Man's Bucket List!

What an awesome ride report - thank you! I'll be on much the same program in the Monashee mountains in a couple of weeks with a dozen friends - but we'll be on snowmobiles and sleeping in a cabin with a wood fired heater!

Good friends, good food and good drinks equals a good ride!

Thanks for the RR and pics, looks like everyone had a great time.

--G