took a little ride today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to our Winter Wonderland...
cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, Marc, when I saw the title of your thread, you scared me. I thought you were still back here in Minnesota, and out on the icy roads. Looks like you're enjoying your trip. Have a blast, Marc!
punk.gif

Marc, Looks like a lot fun, especially with the weather that had been happening back in the home state. Did you bring yours with or find a ride to use out west?

I feel the warmth of those pictures. Haven't seen the sun on the gulf coast since Saturday - just cold, damp, rainy, ..... blah. Getting a little cabin fever. Rumor has it we are in for a great weekend. I hope so - my bike must think I 've forgot about it.

Marc, Looks like a lot fun, especially with the weather that had been happening back in the home state. Did you bring yours with or find a ride to use out west?
I loaded mine in the back of my pickup & brought her out.

how far north ya going? Central Kali? Creston?
I'd like to but not sure if I can get away unless it's during the week. I am going over to the Palm Desert area to meet up with the Bugnatr.

Yeah, have you been to the Penny Bar yet? (in McKittrick)
I have not...I take it it's worth seeing?

I loaded mine in the back of my pickup & brought her out.

I'd like to but not sure if I can get away unless it's during the week. I am going over to the Palm Desert area to meet up with the Bugnatr.

Yeah, have you been to the Penny Bar yet? (in McKittrick)
I have not...I take it it's worth seeing?
I worked as a Pipefitter for Associated Mechanical Inc. in Bakersfield, used to ride my H-D over there for a cool one in the evening. Oil Field Workers and Cowboys, they have two kinds of music in the Penny Bar: They have Country, plus they have Western! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Yee-Haw!

Well, if you ride from Paso Robles like I did, you get to ride along "Rossi's driveway", and then Rt. 58 east...which is a nice ride. Then you get to this bar decorated with pennies everywhere...and I mean everywhere. The food is good as well, portion sizes are huge. Then you top it off with a nice ride back on 58 to Paso R...or wherever else you were going to go.

I would call Rt 58 scenic...with a lot of fun thrown in.

Thanks wheatie. I'll have to do some planning.
I assume you've already hit 33 and 166 and some of those Canyon roads with names not numbers north and west of Santa Barbara.

...and that you have the road number for Rossi's little driveway...229 I think it is.