Top Case Modifications

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerk9

Reaction score
Howdy,

I know this has been kicked around in discussion before, however, I wanted to show an inexpensive ($12.00 all at Lowes - no affiliation) modification to my Shad Top Case that I did:

I wanted to increase visibility when the trunk was open at night so I bought some velcro and adhered it to the inside of the box and placed my old Reflective American Flags (off of my Army Uniform) along with my blood type tag (kind of useless, I know):

P1010051.jpg

Additionally, for a good light source, I bought an inexpensive LED pushbutton light that adhered to the inside of the box:

P1010052.jpg

This photo gives you an idea as to the reflective view one would get at night with the top case lid open (also have the reflective graphics from Alex Reflective Saddle Bag Tape):

P1010054.jpg

Lastly, Shad Cases are inexpensive and very useful. However, there is questionable quality when it comes to the wiring and rear light fixture. I was having several problems with the light wiring and the cheap/sparse insulation that came with the box. I purchased additional tape that was better quality and ran it over all areas the wires are exposed:

P1010056.jpg

P1010058.jpg

I appreciate the great ideas I have gotten off of this board and are putting many of them into practice. If anyone has any questions or comments on this, please let me know.

Take care and ride safe.

Rex

RLTW!!

Last edited by a moderator: