top rack id?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaBII

Reaction score
Who makes this top rack?

20131117_094724_zpsddc3d9d3.jpg

It came with the bike when I bought it.

Thanks

Premier Cycle Accessories, retailed for around $180.00 for rack, with back rest $380.00, plus $100.00 for helmet locks

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you.
Any idea what all the mounting slots are for?
You have two positon for the Givi box, you also can take the helmet locks off the bar and mount directly on the rack in the 2 holes right in front of the locks, and the slots around the edge are for straps, bungee, cargo net.

I had that rack on my bike with a GIVI E52 mounted. Nice quality. I noticed that it allows the top box to flex alot more than the GIVI mount that replaces the stock grab rails. If I had it to do again I would get the GIVI. Just my $ 0.02

I had that rack on my bike with a GIVI E52 mounted. Nice quality. I noticed that it allows the top box to flex alot more than the GIVI mount that replaces the stock grab rails. If I had it to do again I would get the GIVI. Just my $ 0.02
The rack came with the bike and seems to be pretty stout so I don't see myself replacing it. Although I am in the market for a top box. Nice to know that GIVI's will mount to it.

Got a trip to Key west coming up in March with the GF. Gonna need the storage!

FWIW you may want to look into getting a Stiffy from Gary to strengthen the subframe if you plan to add a top box. Check the forum for a very well detailed thread on this matter.

Your rack will need the $20 kit to put the trunk on. It just consists of a few pieces and rubber bumpers for some of the holes to hold the trunk and allow it to latch at the back of the plate.

Your rack will need the $20 kit to put the trunk on. It just consists of a few pieces and rubber bumpers for some of the holes to hold the trunk and allow it to latch at the back of the plate.
I've got the kit, never used it. Installed it and realized it didn't work with my knock-off Bestem trunk. I'll let it go for $10 plus shipping.