Tour and Ride - May be LAST source for the Gloss Red V46 Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hppants

Reaction score
I've been wanting to replace the lid on my V46 top box with the Gloss red one that matches my 2014 FJR. I've been having trouble, having ordered it from two vendors (RevZilla and Competition Accessories) only to find out the item is not available. Discouraged, I visited the Givi website and see that the part number (C46R301) is indeed still available. I started a Customer Support Chat session with Givi and they recommended Tour and Ride:

www.tourandride.com

So I log on to this site, sure enough they show it in stock, the price is right ($66.00 v/s $74.00 msrp), and I get free shipping. 2 minutes after I order, I get a confirmation email. 30 minutes after that, I get a tracking number (FEDEX 2-day none the less), and 48 hours thereafter, it's sitting at my front door.

Tour and Ride has been added to my list of favorite vendors.

As a side note, if you have a 2014 FJR with the V46 top box, and would like to get the red cover, do NOT delay. They are going fast.

The trick is typing the Givi part number into Google. The lid you want for a 2014 is Givi C46R301

(edit - I too did not realize this was in vendor feedback section. Pruned post to only germane info)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just typed "amotosports.com" and I got.... nothing. (typo?)

perhaps amotostuff.com????

I did check with them ^^^^ - they show it in stock, same price as I paid (no free shipping though), but they do not actually have it, or at least they didn't a few weeks ago.

YMMV, but I had a heck of a time getting this done. I'm not an expert online shopper, though.

Even if it goes away, there's still methods to get an exact match.
wink.png

Edit: When I posted I did not realize we were in the Vendor Feedback section. Deleted post as inappropriate for this area.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be interesting to see if the Givi color-matched red continues to be color-matched. On my 2007, the V46 Givi lid has faded significantly compared to the rest of the bike. They were a good match to start with but not so much anymore. Not awful but definitely not the same.