Traffic Light Trigger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most states have a provision for going through the light if the sensor doesn't trigger. In other posts, it had been recommended that you contact the controlling authority if a sensor does not trigger with your bike under normal circumstances. Evidently, they can " dial in " (increase) the sensativity.

If I were to get a trigger, I think I'd glue one to the bottom of each boot. That would solve both my vertical disability and double the chances of the light triggering.

Me? I wait one cycle and go if it does not trigger. Fortunately, in my area I have not come across a light that will not trigger with just lowering the kick stand next to the wire. Haven't bothered contacting the authorities yet, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the Green Light Trigger and ended up taking it off. It didn't work at any of the lights I was having trouble with. There is another trigger product out there but I don't remember its name that's supposed to be better but it all comes down to how your department of transporation sets the response at each light. I have been told they could set it to trip with as little as a bicycle but I suppose that would actually take more effort, so they don't.

Mike,

Lowering the centerstand didn't work, even with the GLT attached. The intersection (northbound Latrobe left onto White Rock) is newly paved and there's no way of telling where the wires are. I tried it where the left wheel track would be but no such luck.

Here where I live, the city is going to 'pixel' cameras. They look like a lens mounted on top of the overhead light arm. The 'pixel' camera takes a photo every 30 secs and compares it to the previous photo. Many people think they are 'red light' cameras hey, if it keeps someone from running a red then good. Many cities are getting away from the ground loop due to the cost of re-intallation when they repave.