• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trunk Group Buy.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dan...nice offer thanks!I am debating whether or not I like the looks of the Givi more.....I may be an 06 buyer.

I have heard the stock trunk with the backrest pushes a pillion's position a little too far forward....any feedback on this?

Ron

I guess it depends on how er.... ahh, large you and your pasenger are. I' don't personally have a trunk, but see plenty of people using them. If you are going on a trip with your significant other, you got to have something to bring more stuff in. The side bags alone aren't enough. You can tie on a duffle bag on the back or get the trunk type option. If that is restrictive to you and or your passenger better look for a larger bike. Seems like this is a pretty good deal on the trunk to me.

DCH

I believe it was a givi actually that pushed the pillion too far forward. It may have been twn or toecutter that had the problem.They managed to move it back an in or 1.5 ins back w/ some modifications though!
My GF disagrees (at least on the '06). She's asked that I find a way to move the backrest forward a bit, as she feels she leans too far back when she tries to use it. I have a Maxia 52 with integrated brake lights, and I love it. Why can't Yamaha get away from the double-wall design? Givi doesn't use it, and I've never had anything get wet in my givi bags (and I tend to overpack, the bags are usually stuffed full!)

Hey Dan...nice offer thanks!I am debating whether or not I like the looks of the Givi more.....I may be an 06 buyer.

I have heard the stock trunk with the backrest pushes a pillion's position a little too far forward....any feedback on this?

Ron

Hey Ron,

I was mistaken about knowing someone with the trunk. DCH lives about a mile from me and was sure that he had a trunk for his '05. I was wrong though. I'm not going to be much help.

Looks like there is only one taker and possibley a couple of maybes. Anybody else considering this that hasn't spoken up?

Looks like there is only one taker and possibley a couple of maybes. Anybody else considering this that hasn't spoken up?
I'm actually in the market right now for a trunk. So I appreciate the service you are offering.

For me, it's going to come down to being pissed off at having to pay a lot more for an 06 trunk than for any previous trunk, even though the trunk is, if not exactly the same, at least substantially the same. At the 03-05 price, I'd bite. Not at the '06 price.

I also don't want to endorse Yamaha's apparent belief that $600 for a plastic box is reasonable. I usually buy much nicer, and bigger, plastic boxes with freekin' TVs inside for about half the price.

I am sitting on the fence - I need to buy a topbox soon, wife mandates a backrest for anything over 100 miles - just can't decide on which one yet. :questionmark:

A July 5 deadline was stated. If I go with the Yammi, I'll try to order by July 1, if there will be a group buy. Having difficulty deciding between Yammi box and rack by OHFJR with Givi case.

I met someone who has the Yammie case on his '06.

They really like the box and say the riding position is good.

(But as someone else on this forum previously commented, some members here would complain about being hung with new rope. A lot of motorcyclists are a paradoxical blend of happy-go-lucky perfectionsists. And that includes me.)

IMHO, the rack by OHFJR with a Givi case offers some advantages over the Yammi case in terms of flexibility, size, and an extra brake light. But I think the Yammi case looks better, appears to have a nicer backrest, and the single key feature is a big plus with me. Money isn't a factor in this decision for me, although the thought of saving about $100 on the Yammi case is a big motivator.

I just can't get off the fence. Need something to sway this decision one way or the other. :confusedsmiley:

Thanx Metric for making the offer

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sitting on the fence - I need to buy a topbox soon, wife mandates a backrest for anything over 100 miles - just can't decide on which one yet. :questionmark: A July 5 deadline was stated. If I go with the Yammi, I'll try to order by July 1, if there will be a group buy. Having difficulty deciding between Yammi box and rack by OHFJR with Givi case.

I met someone who has the Yammie case on his '06.

They really like the box and say the riding position is good.

(But as someone else on this forum previously commented, some members here would complain about being hung with new rope. A lot of motorcyclists are a paradoxical blend of happy-go-lucky perfectionsists. And that includes me.)

IMHO, the rack by OHFJR with a Givi case offers some advantages over the Yammi case in terms of flexibility, size, and an extra brake light. But I think the Yammi case looks better, appears to have a nicer backrest, and the single key feature is a big plus with me. Money isn't a factor in this decision for me, although the thought of saving about $100 on the Yammi case is a big motivator.

I just can't get off the fence. Need something to sway this decision one way or the other. :confusedsmiley:

Thanx Metric for making the offer

You have time. Sounds like you aren't the only one on the fence. It will be interesting to see how this turns out in the end. I am kind of thinking that out of 5 cases, maybe only one will be for a blue '06 bike. The rest will probably be for the other bikes. Sorry I can't make it any cheaper.

For those of you watching this thread, if something happens because of the hacking I'll probably extend the deadline on this a couple of days to offset some of the confusion created by that. Anyone that is serious about it should probably start emailing me names and contact info (phone #'s, direct email, and shipping address.)

I'd like an 06 cobalt blue trunk, but I have sticker shock from that price. Can't really justify to myself.

Don

I definetely understand the sticker shock. From the looks of this so far, I doubt that there will be another offer like this in the future (at least not from me). The prices are low, but doesn't seem like many people are going to take advantage. Hopefully enough for me to be able to make it happen. Do you do enough touring to actually need one?
Metric,

Don't feel bad - after two years of trying to develop software for the motorcycle / vehicle market, I finally gave up. At least you aren't getting people to tell you it should be FREE (and then asking for support) :D !

Thanks for the offer to the FJR community!

Best regards,

Shane
Free software with support? Isn't that called "go learn to program your damn self" software? :yahoo:

I'd like an 06 cobalt blue trunk, but I have sticker shock from that price. Can't really justify to myself.

Don

I definetely understand the sticker shock. From the looks of this so far, I doubt that there will be another offer like this in the future (at least not from me). The prices are low, but doesn't seem like many people are going to take advantage. Hopefully enough for me to be able to make it happen. Do you do enough touring to actually need one?
Metric,

Don't feel bad - after two years of trying to develop software for the motorcycle / vehicle market, I finally gave up. At least you aren't getting people to tell you it should be FREE (and then asking for support) :D !

Thanks for the offer to the FJR community!

Best regards,

Shane
Free software with support? Isn't that called "go learn to program your damn self" software? :yahoo:

That's one way to look at it :D !

Best Regards,

Shane

I appreciate you taking the time to try and put this together. I'd love to have the '06 blue but no way I can justify the cost right now.

No problem bmwhd. The cost is definetly hard to swallow.

Just so everyone who is watching knows, I'm going to go ahead and take advantage of some cooler weather that is coming through KS over the next 3 days and do some riding. I was going to wait until after this was over, but I don't think its really going to be necessary. I'll check when I get back. For the 2 or 3 guys that sounded pretty interested, I can't sell them for the exact same price, but if you contact me I'll cut you a deal. In the future, if anyone needs a high dollor item or just a bunch of little OEM parts, let me know. When the numbers start getting higher, its easier for me to compete.

Everyone ride safe and don't loose any fingers tomorrow!!

Is the deal for the '06 (blue) top box's still available.
If so, please PM or email me info.

PM sent!

For any of you still looking or just stating to look. I've recently picked up the Givi line. I'm not familiar with the stuff just yet or the pricing, so I can't say what I can do as far as pricing. We are trying to get all their info into the data base so that people can order off the site.....that is proving to be a challenge in its self. Not all of the part numbers are working.