Turning the FJR into a Lay-Z-Boy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highway Pegs mounted with the frame sliders allows me to really get my foot/feet up for a break on those long rides. Utopia driver's backrest, Genmar Risers and Grip Puppies. Now she's good and comfy.

I used to fly these many moons ago chasing Rusky subs:

Lockheed_P-3_Orion_035.jpg
I've never seen a P-3 with so much ordinance mounted. Seems kind of excessive for ASW.

[Former VP-44 Airdale]

I've never seen a P-3 with so much ordinance mounted. Seems kind of excessive for ASW.

[Former VP-44 Airdale]
P-3's Never carry that much Fire Power. He put them on Himself!! It's the Farkleholic Gene in his DNA!! He'll do that to a Freakin' Skateboard for Christ's Sake! That man needs some Therapy! :unsure:

[Former VP-44 Airdale]
Not seeing any subs in the background picture, I'm thinking that there is a 300 bike cruiser parade that he is trying to clear off the road. Anything for his SFO buddies...

[Former VP-44 Airdale]
Not seeing any subs in the background picture, I'm thinking that there is a 300 bike cruiser parade that he is trying to clear off the road. Anything for his SFO buddies...
Well the bomb bay doors are open so I'm guess he just dropped his nuclear payload. :unsure: :( :aaskull:

Oh and for your passengers comfort, find 08FJR4ME post on ordering in this thread:

https://www.fjrforum....ic=12495&st=100

Does anybody in the Chicago area have a "knifemaker/08FJR4ME" floor board on their bike? Or anybody within 500 miles of Chicago? Might be a good excuse for a day ride.

Looking for something like that with a rear peg lowering mod. for better knee comfort for wifey...

My MCL brand riser block was a terrific addition to my FJR, well worth the money.

And my RAM mount cup holder extends my range by about 75-100 miles. Feel free to mock me until you pass out from dehydration.

Junction Texas by JimNtexas, on Flickr

[Former VP-44 Airdale]
Well the bomb bay doors are open so I'm guess he just dropped his nuclear payload. :unsure: :( :aaskull:
The missles on a FJR would be cool, but flares dropping off the back would be really cool. :)

P-3C

Armament

Guns: None

Hardpoints: 10 wing stations in total (3x on each wing and 2x on each wing root) and eight internal bomb bay stations with a capacity of 20,000 lb (9,100 kg)[1] and provisions to carry combinations of:

Rockets: None

Missiles: ***Air-to-surface missile: AGM-65 Maverick, AGM-84 Harpoon, AGM-84 Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM-ER)[1]

Bombs: ***Depth charges, MK20 Rockeye, MK80 Series (MK82, MK83, MK84) general purpose bombs, B57 nuclear bomb (US service only, retired 1993)

Other: ***Mk 44 (mostly retired from service), Mk 46,[1] Mk 50, Mk 54 or MU90 Impact torpedoes

Mk 25, Mk 39, Mk 55, Mk 56, Mk 60 CAPTOR or Mk 65 Quickstrike naval mines[61]

Stonefish naval mine (in Australian service)

Active and passive Sonobuoys

P-3C

Armament

Guns: None

Hardpoints: 10 wing stations in total (3x on each wing and 2x on each wing root) and eight internal bomb bay stations with a capacity of 20,000 lb (9,100 kg)[1] and provisions to carry combinations of:

Rockets: None

Missiles: ***Air-to-surface missile: AGM-65 Maverick, AGM-84 Harpoon, AGM-84 Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM-ER)[1]

Bombs: ***Depth charges, MK20 Rockeye, MK80 Series (MK82, MK83, MK84) general purpose bombs, B57 nuclear bomb (US service only, retired 1993)

Other: ***Mk 44 (mostly retired from service), Mk 46,[1] Mk 50, Mk 54 or MU90 Impact torpedoes

Mk 25, Mk 39, Mk 55, Mk 56, Mk 60 CAPTOR or Mk 65 Quickstrike naval mines[61]

Stonefish naval mine (in Australian service)

Active and passive Sonobuoys
Air Farce SPECTRE, ha, eat ya heart out !!!

besides, those Hercs had my beloved engines mounted upside down

Celebrated my 60th birthday with a Russell seat and now enjoy riding for hours at a time. Looking forward to some long distance trips this spring. Would appreciate some recommendations for highway pegs, seeking to stretch out my legs on longer trips.

Celebrating my 63rd birthday next month, I turn my motorcycle into a Lay-Z-Boy, bought the FJR. If I need more I will get a Goldwing. :lol:

36w0013HoRrJUyUyUy0.png

I'm kidding about turning the FJR into a rocker-recliner but I would like to make the bike more comfortable. My wife and I are 65 and 64 respectively but we still love to ride. I've got an '08 FJR and I'd like to make a few mods to make the bike more comfortable for us even on short rides around town. Right now I'm thinking about risers, a wider and taller windshield, maybe some softer hand grips, etc. You get the idea.

I'm hoping you can offer some suggestions, and be specific with brands and such, because we're both not ready to give up riding yet. We'd just like to be able to stay on longer before we have to get off to strech and rest our butts.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob
For me it was the following that made the difference for 500+ mile days:

1) Russell seat, like many others have said

2) Helibar risers - this, along with the seat put me in a perfect position

3) Rifle screen (+4,+2) works good - bigger might be even better but I have no experience

4) AVCC - those long days were hurting my wrists (might be getting carpal tunnel I guess)

5) With your wife, probably a good intercomm/sound setup (which you probably already have) - I travel solo so don't worry about the intercomm part, but I am using the Sena system right now for phone, music and inter-bike comms (with those that also have the Sena). No wires and the headset battery lasts 8-10 hours per charge.