Un-used electrical plugs '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodidge

Reaction score
I had some work to do under the nose cowling and I ran across these unused plugs and a termination

Nice shiny unused termination on right side

RightSide.jpg

These are on the left side

LeftsidePlugs.jpg

There is an identical 3 wire rectangular plug on the right side also.

Know what their use is?

Sorry to hijack.....but I am curious. Do we know if the outside air temp is only used for the display or is it part of the FI control loop?

The one in the top picture is the outside air temp sensor. I think the other is for heated grips.
Correctumundo! Probably wanna be careful about the former.....
I'm not sure that is the heated grip wire. The heated grip wire is down by the coolant reservior, and doesn't have a lot of play in it to move it around. I think the plug looks the same, but I don't remember mine having a sheath over it like that one. I'm pretty sure the black and gray connectors are for the european bikes with the running lights.

You are right about the temp sensor though. I don't know that I'd be messing around with that bad-boy.

Now I know. Where is the Temp sensor cable secured to? It is/was loose.
On the right side of the bike in the front...Sort of above your headlight adjuster knob. It is hidden behind the black dash panel when the bike is put together, but obvious when the panel is off. That make sense?? So...Kind of next to the dash guages, above the adjuster knob, at the front of the panel. I don't remember how mine is secured to the bike.

Edit: Shit...Maybe it's below the adjustor knob. I haven't looked in a while, and I kind of never really pay attention to it. It goes right there somewhere...On the front right of the dash.

Edit again: Ha...Found it. I knew there had to be a picture somewhere:

116986686-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts