University Motors adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen, I agree that the goods could have been packaged better. A simple call to Mike (The Parts Mgr.; Gary having moved up to General Mgr.) @ University Motors and tell him what you received. He can them "teach and educate" the newbie in the shipping department about care in protecting grease coverd bearings, etc. I'd guess he is probably a new hire and has yet to learn the techniques and the reasons for such procedures.

It's not worth getting one's "panties in a bunch", nor is it worth the "dogpile". A minor irritant? Sure. A frustration when you expected everything pristine? Absolutely. Is it all going to matter 10 years from now? Probably not.

Again, I understand. Call and talk to Mike. Most of us have had superb service from University. IMO, yours seems to be an anomoly, but one they certainly should know about.

Next time just go to the local dealer and pay a couple hundred dollars more and they will remove the peanuts for you.

JW

That guy shipped me a Black 2008 FJR with my new spark plugs installed, guess they didn't wanna de-install them. Now I'm gunna have to pay somebody to get those darn plugs out and into my 2003.
For a small disposal fee I will haul off the superfluous black FJR. There may also be a nominal decontamination charge, depending on the amount of non recyclable Styrofoam contamination.

:lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK, What I wanna know is what do I have to order from Gary to get the aforementioned "panties in a bunch"...with or without peanuts ? :rolleyes:

Bobby

I don't blame pale rider for being upset. Just because um prices are good doesn't mean they can botch an order. Gary needs to step to the plate and make this right.

Consistent quality and customer satisfaction are key cornerstones to any business's success.

No matter how great the service in the past, this particular customer had a 'less than desirable' experience.

Keeping all things in perspective is very important. Hopefully, this was an anomaly not to be repeated.

Perhaps the tire was left on the rim for additional protection that the peanuts couldn't do?

Obviously, no one on the board could correct the problem but UM can. I would have gone to UM first to offer them an opportunity to correct the problem.

:D

I've never had a problem with UM but if I did I would simply call them. I have talked to Mike and Gary several times when ordering parts and they seem to be the type who are interested in customer service and looking to improve customer sat not ignore problems. That said, I would not be writing about it here unless they did not respond. Why complain here before giving them a chance ?????????????????

Perhaps the tire was left on the rim for additional protection that the peanuts couldn't do?
Obviously, no one on the board could correct the problem but UM can. I would have gone to UM first to offer them an opportunity to correct the problem.

I absolutely agree. People seem to be very quick to jump online and tell everyone about a bad situation when the first step should be to go directly to the source, inform them of the situation, and let them determine next steps. At this point, unless I missed something, you don't have any idea how UM is planning on handling the situation.

If you're looking for sympathy on this board against UM, you're gonna be hard-pressed to find it.

Come back and tell us how the next conversation goes with them.

I absolutely agree. People seem to be very quick to jump online and tell everyone about a bad situation when the first step should be to go directly to the source, inform them of the situation, and let them determine next steps. At this point, unless I missed something, you don't have any idea how UM is planning on handling the situation.

If you're looking for sympathy on this board against UM, you're gonna be hard-pressed to find it.

Come back and tell us how the next conversation goes with them.
Dang... they're hiring(I'm job hunting in Dallas) and I would be more than happy to pack shipments for you guys...

But... they're about 125 miles from where I live... not too practical...<G>

Mary

ock913 Please change your avatar, I now have to keep returning to this thread! :dribble:

Re the wheel. It strikes me that if they did take the wheel off a showroom bike, it was so that they could get the wheel delivered and 'keep the customer satisfied'.

You dont mention the mirrors, were they OK?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true, which may be why no one has come on here and given any negative feedback about UM. "If" I had not-so-great feedback for UM I wouldnt post it here. The other rule in the forum is to never show anger...it doesnt fly here...for most.

Latest posts