UWO: unidentified wire object under right front cowling inner panel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Removed the right inner front cowling (houses the headlight adjuster knob) on my 2007 FJR AE and found a dangling wire. Appears to be a ground wire with a white plastic collar which has an "anchor" that could fit into a 1/4" hole. All electrical components are functioning properly. Is the wire recognizable to you? Is it an extra ground wire for after-market accessories?

Thanks.

Trying to post a picture but,,,, it ain't working. Photo of the UWO resides in photobucket. I've tried photobucket's four URLs (email, direct, html, and img), each time pasting the address into the image properties box of the image icon in this forum's editor. Editor returns the same error message for all four URLs, "You are not allowed to use that image extension in this community". I've consulted the bible on picture posting, https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=5589 but it hasn't helped.

Editing the post to acknowledge Admin's pointer to the ambient temp sensor. Thanks.

Any advice on posting a pic properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Search on "thermistor" or "loose wire". Asked and answered many, Many, MANY times on this forum

As far as posting photos I suspect the photo you are trying to post has a "jpeg" extension at the end of the file name. Change the extension to "jpg" and I think you will find that it works.

This guy asked the same question on facebook.. I guess the same answer there wasn't satisfactory.
help.gif

So anytime anybody asked a question, you search on facebook to see if it was asked before?

Get a life or you will die soon because of worrying too much...

Unbelievable...

So anytime anybody asked a question, you search on facebook to see if it was asked before?Get a life or you will die soon because of worrying too much...

Unbelievable...
It is rather exasperating when you see the same question, word-for-word, asked in three different places. I'm sure BNJ was looking at FB ant noticed the same. If one subscribes to several of the FJR threads over there one can't help but notice the duplication of effort.
Those that have been here a long time, of which I am NOT one, surely become exasperated by the same question asked over and over and over again.

Mybmotto below aside, you've got to search a little before you ask and why ask in three places at the same time?

FYI, there is a popular fjr facebook page, to which many of this forum's members subscribe. I doubt Bust, (who has a nice, sheep-filled life already), had to do much 'searching'.

No problem asking questions, but if you've already received a sensible answer don't keep asking.

You'll never find a nicer person then one on an fjr.

So anytime anybody asked a question, you search on facebook to see if it was asked before?Get a life or you will die soon because of worrying too much...

Unbelievable...
After 8,155 post as compared to your 30 post you may want to do a little research as to the one you comment about. I hope this was satire cause it shore as shit aint funny to me.

Dave

I don't care how many posts he has... , including yours...

Why should I ?

I was commenting on his post here, not that million posts before this.

You get a life too. This is Internet.

You get a life too. This is Internet.
Timeout. Actually, this is the FJRForum.com...with its special set of rules and customs all agreed to when they signed up. Lighten up Francis!
warning.gif

idfc,

Well with that attitude I am going to use a forum function which comes in quite handy.

Consider yourself blocked,

Dave

idfc,
Well with that attitude I am going to use a forum function which comes in quite handy.

Consider yourself blocked,

Dave
I'm sure that 3000-post like you is someone that I can't live without...

I ran post #5 and post #12 through an attitude filter to remove it from the posts, should there be any. The messages have now been boiled down and here is what he was trying to say:

What is quoted is the relevant FJR content that remains.

Now an "8000-post" just jumped in. I'm sure my FJR won't start now... I'm in trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts