Wanna join us on the way to SFO? ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you leave Little Rock on Thursday A.M. which way you going?
Right now, We're thinking, stands up and twisting the throttle no later than 10ish. Straight up 65. One of my best buds in WPB grew up in AR and said 65

is gorgous and it's empty of traffic, all day!! Can't beat that!! :rolleyes:
I think something got missed, 65 is a main highway, always traffic.

If you want twisty, take highway 16 west of Clinton AR, all the way over to 21 or 23 (take your pick). One of the best!
YES YES YES on HWY 16 to 21 or 23

NO NO NO to 65 Main artery/traffic/LEO"S

I live on HWY 16

Heber Guy See you guys on Friday

When you leave Little Rock on Thursday A.M. which way you going?
Right now, We're thinking, stands up and twisting the throttle no later than 10ish. Straight up 65. One of my best buds in WPB grew up in AR and said 65

is gorgous and it's empty of traffic, all day!! Can't beat that!! :rolleyes:
I think something got missed, 65 is a main highway, always traffic.

If you want twisty, take highway 16 west of Clinton AR, all the way over to 21 or 23 (take your pick). One of the best!
Now that I think about it. He said 65 was gorgous, the empty part was for the twisties around the area of the Hotel we will be staying in!

16, 21 or 23 look good! I'm flexible!! He did say 65 will be the fastest way to get to ES. I guess that makes sense now!! :lol:

I may be joining you. I am in Robbinsville NC, heading out to ride Deals Gap this morning. I will be heading from Nashville to Arkansas on Wednesday, and after several long days on the bike a stop in Little Rock just the right distance for Thursday riding. I will let you know for sure tomorrow. Hopefully, there is still some vacancies at the hotel.

I second riding up 16/21 :)

I live just outside LR so I would like to meet up with yall Thursday morning, I'll see you at the Holiday Inn before 10 at the latest. Might join yall for breakfast if I can get my butt outta bed in time...

best John Denver or Mary Travers singin' voice:

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside my door, I hate to wake up AIW, to say good bye

well the dawn is breakin' it's early morn, the feej is waitin', I could blow the air horn, already I'm so excited, I could die

here's our plan for others to see:

WED MORNING

meet at IHOP on Williams Blvd at 6am, Kenner, LA to start trip from New Orleans

IHOP

3400 Williams Blvd

Kenner, LA 70065

(504) 712-0274

KSU 7am

Kenner, LA to Pearl (Jackson), MS - 3.25 hrs - 183 miles

2 stops 1.25 hrs - includes fuel enroute and in Pearl

eta Cracker Barrel 11:30am

=====================================================

Cracker Barrel in Pearl, MS (Jackson, MS)

lunch from 11:30am to 12:30pm

Cracker Barrel

410 Riverwind Dr

Pearl, MS 39208

(601) 936-9990

head for Little Rock - 4.75 hrs - 268 miles

eta 6:30pm

approx 2 stops along the way for butt / bathroom / snack / hydration / fuel

Holiday Inn Express

3121 BANKHEAD DR

LITTLE ROCK , AR 72206

1-501-4904000

=======================================================

Thurs morning

up 8:30am breakfast leave 10am

Little Rock to Eureka Springs via I-40 west to hwy 23 north - riding time 4 hrs - 203 miles

thought we might consider the hwy 23 north route from I-40 which is virtually same time enroute, but

locals say it's a real nice, scenic road

eta 3pm

2 stops include quick lunch or snack

BEST WESTERN EUREKA INN (479) 253-9551

101 E VAN BUREN ST

EUREKA SPRINGS, AR 72632

Cheers,

Mike

cell 504-494-7309

Brian Blanchard cell 504-340-6106

Well unless y'all just like the interstate, it would be more fun to go up Hwy 21, then take Hwy 16 over to Hwy 23.
Been up that way many times, mucho better than I40 LOL

https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=35....889206&z=11
thanx for the heads up

we're tarred (I am from Dragon 4 day trip and now SFO and saving for okie's rides Fri /Sat

so, half interstate and half 23 is the ticket for moi/us

I'm a old rider and Brian is a sedate rider and that's my story...

gonna be up around 7am, out with bikes packing 8:30am and breakfast at Waffle House across the street 9am - KSU 10am (kickstands up)

I'm in room 312 which is 1st floor of the outside access wing, bldg behind the lobby main bldg

Miles (fjr mississippi), vic (majicmaker), and chris d are all here, so far.

yes, it's a light but steady rain in Little Rock starting at 8pm and predicted to be all over with by 4am

I don't like to be blinded and cooked by sunny clear skies anyway. Don't tell the mgr, but our two bikes are parked under the stairs in the hallway between the two parking lots, but pedestrians can easily zig zag between the bikes easily to pass by

Cheers,

Mike in Litroc from Nawlins'