• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: FJR saddlebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supertankerm60a3

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 2003 FJR without bags. I need a set of bags. Road rash is fine, broken is not. PM me with info. Thanks

I happen to have a set with some rash on the right bag - otherwise fine. You're going to have to paint the bags (our Garaud does a masterful job if you are maintaining the factory color) or you can just buy prepainted covers as spare parts from Yamaha and replace the ones on whatever you get.

However you haven't yet told us where you are - given the size of the bags shipping is going to be a major issue, depending on where you are -two very large boxes.

Hadn't thought of a price for mine - I bought spares and had them painted because it was simpler - but I've never bothered to put the new bags on the bike - the rash is more of a badge of honor than an ugly eyesore to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a single left hand bag with some rash on it. I think we had decided that there isn't any difference between Gen 1&2 bags wise, I will see if I can find that thread.

I have a single left hand bag with some rash on it. I think we had decided that there isn't any difference between Gen 1&2 bags wise, I will see if I can find that thread.
I dunno

I do know the Gen I mounted bags stick out further and make the bike wider than a Gen II

It could be just the method/design of the mounting, but it seems someone who went from Gen I to Gen II thought those bags were slightly smaller

Let me check part #'s -> hummm, doesn't look like they match to me

2 5JW-W0753-0L-35 CASE, SIDE LEFT (DPB

2 5JW-W0753-0R-35 CASE, SIDE COVER (DP

1 5JW-W0753-0L-71 CASE, SIDE LEFT VDRM 1

1 5JW-W0753-0R-71 CASE, SIDE RIGHT VDR 1

I dunno

I do know the Gen I mounted bags stick out further and make the bike wider than a Gen II

It could be just the method/design of the mounting, but it seems someone who went from Gen I to Gen II thought those bags were slightly smaller

It could be the color differences. IIRC, TurboDave has a Gen I and a Gen II and mounted traded side cases. One direction they fit "tight" but they fit. Since he's laid up recovering from his heart surgery and stroke I doubt he'll post here. Certainly there must be others who would be willing to try fitting different generations of bags to answer the question.

I seem to recollect that the Gen II is narrower because of a different rear sub-frame not because the side cases are a different dimension. I know the passenger peg mounts and bracket are different but that could also be part of the redesign.

It would be nice to have a definitive answer for the lore of the FJR community.

They match . . . the difference is the color code. Gen-II bags MAY seem smaller because they are closer together than they are on the Gen-I

I dunno

It could be the color differences. IIRC, TurboDave has a Gen I and a Gen II and mounted traded side cases. One direction they fit "tight" but they fit. Since he's laid up recovering from his heart surgery and stroke I doubt he'll post here. Certainly there must be others who would be willing to try fitting different generations of bags to answer the question.

I seem to recollect that the Gen II is narrower because of a different rear sub-frame not because the side cases are a different dimension. I know the passenger peg mounts and bracket are different but that could also be part of the redesign.

It would be nice to have a definitive answer for the lore of the FJR community.
oh doo doo...yep, I'm having a brilliantly neurological day, aren't I :rolleyes:

Bags are the same. Period.

Gen II went to a completely different rear subframe which brings their location in compared to Gen I.

I live in Pismo Beach California. some great riding here and I have already met friends in the area on line, though not ridden with them yet. I am looking for damaged bags 'cause buying 'Silver' took most of the savings. I did change the CCT day before yesterday. I should post that story.