Washer on rear wheel?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Actually nearer £84 with VAT (GST?) plus postage, call it £90.

£10 less than my first bike, a Yamaha FS1-E in Kenny Roberts colours!

Yep, it's possible the wheel spindle was stretched, I did check it thoroughly and it looks fine. Would be worth measuring it accurately next time it is out. I don't know the measurement but knowing Yamaha it will probably be an exact whole millimetre figure. A new spindle would give complete peace of mind, they are £70 in the UK and back order.
Look at the tops of the axle threads. If it was stretched enough to cause damage, the tops of the threads wouldn't be sharp, but look more like acme threads.

Err..I didn't do any damage, the wheel was fitted by persons unknown before my ownership.
I only meant to say that there was a potential for damage. Not that there had been any, and didn't mean to infer that you had done it. I figured that a shop had done it.

No worries!

I have damaged plenty of bike parts before but have learnt from it.

Worst thing I ever did was leave the gudgeon pin (piston pin) circlips out of a T140 Triumph, I treble check stuff now, drives me nuts!

I need to twist this thread. I did a search for axle washer and this thread reared its head. So, let's move to the opposite end of the axle (where the lock nut tightens down), I need to know what size washer goes behind that lock nut? Anybody got and answer? I lost mine and need to buy a stainless steel replacement tomorrow. Thanks

This would be for a 2004 bike as opposed to a 14, but I think the axle size is the same.

Never mind.....I found it.......please don't ask. Sorry to have caused any necessary generous efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to twist this thread. I did a search for axle washer and this thread reared its head. So, let's move to the opposite end of the axle (where the lock nut tightens down), I need to know what size washer goes behind that lock nut? Anybody got and answer? I lost mine and need to buy a stainless steel replacement tomorrow. Thanks
This would be for a 2004 bike as opposed to a 14, but I think the axle size is the same.

Never mind.....I found it.......please don't ask. Sorry to have caused any necessary generous efforts.
Take the axle to the auto parts store. They have one that will fit. Please DAMHIK this.