We beat the Concourse!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool that the FJR beat the Kawi because I like the FJR more than the Kawi, but that listing is FUBAR. There's bikes on there that are nowhere the class of the RTs and FJRs.

It is clear to see the bias towards the Spyder... <_<

While a neat concept, It just isn't even remotely close to a real motorcycle. Might as well drive a car and get it over with.

On that same website, if you click on "more details," it says that the FJR comes standard with cruise control. Now how cool is that? Guess they know something that we don't.

Gary

darksider #44

What a dumb web site. Saying the site is effed up is really a putting down the term effed up.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, agree with all of the above. Surprising choices to say the least (at least what I could read)

<Hijack>

Did anybody else get totally locked up on that website because of some "script" slowing down the page load? I had to dump and restart the whole Explorer thing to get rid of the lock up. What is a "script"? Windows 7 Enterprise OS

<hijack>

Clearly bad data....The Honda Deauveua (sp) came in AHEAD and the BMW 1600 came in BEHIND the Connie? No way in this world could I believe anybody who rides a Can Am as a motorcycle.

The Can-Am is basically a snowmobile with wheels. Touring motorcycle? :blinksmiley:
Does 2-weeks and 3500-miles count as touring? Try to walk (or stand) in someone else's shoes for a little bit before you look down your nose at people who ride them. Sometimes, there aren't many choices so until you can look past your own bias and understand WHY someone might be riding one, well... my mama always told me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :D

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... even if it's stupid. :p

The Can-Am is basically a snowmobile with wheels. Touring motorcycle? :blinksmiley:
Does 2-weeks and 3500-miles count as touring? Try to walk (or stand) in someone else's shoes for a little bit before you look down your nose at people who ride them. Sometimes, there aren't many choices so until you can look past your own bias and understand WHY someone might be riding one, well... my mama always told me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :D

Ty Honey: Make a list, Niehart and Papa will kick their asses!

Nothing against the Spyder, Tyler...or all who ride them...but even you admit that it isn't the same experience as your beloved Triumph Trophy(?).

You can obviously tour just fine on your Spyder Tyler...as your recent trip has shown...and there are reasons some use the Spyder vs the FJR or other motorcycles.

But it doesn't behave the same as a 2 wheeled bike...so I doubt I would travel on one unless circumstances dictated that was the only way I could.

Ty Honey: Make a list, Niehart and Papa will kick their asses!
+1 , TYLER ROCKS !!!!!! :clapping: :yahoo:

Nothing against the Spyder, Tyler...or all who ride them...but even you admit that it isn't the same experience as your beloved Triumph Trophy(?).

You can obviously tour just fine on your Spyder Tyler...as your recent trip has shown...and there are reasons some use the Spyder vs the FJR or other motorcycles.

But it doesn't behave the same as a 2 wheeled bike...so I doubt I would travel on one unless circumstances dictated that was the only way I could.
No it's not the same and I understand and agree to that. But when people take it one step further and start commenting that people who ride them (or other traditional trikes) aren't "real" riders or shouldn't be considered a part of the community, well that's what irks me. If I could go back to 2-wheels, would I? Hell yes! But I can't so I found a way to adapt to still live my life, explore, and adventure to places I wouldn't ever go in a cage.