We beat the Concourse!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spyders have 3 wheels...last time I checked motorcycles have two (unless your talking about side cars). Therefore the Can-Am is not a motorcycle but it's own special category. They look really cool and I could see the appeal for certain types of riders wanting stability. They remind me more of a snowmobile or Jetski than anything else.

With regards to the C14 that is a terrific bike. When I was thinking of getting a ST I researched it thoroughly and I was actually sold on the C14. In the end I found a great deal on a used FJR and I like that the FJR is lighter and has a bigger fuel range. I would have no problem owning or riding a C14 however.

I don't get caught up into opinions or what one article says over another article. How many times have you see a movie that the critic's hated, yet you thoroughly enjoyed it? Opinions are just that...opinions.

Actually, the first motorcycle on record had four wheels; acknowledged by both the American Motorcyclist Association and International Federation of Motorcyclists! From both of their web sites:

Gottlieb Daimler (who later teamed up with Karl Benz to form the Daimler-Benz Corporation) is credited with building the first motorcycle in 1885, one wheel in the front and one in the back, although it had a smaller spring-loaded outrigger wheel on each side. It was constructed mostly of wood, with the wheels being of the iron-banded wooden-spoked wagon-type, definitely a "bone-crusher" chassis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the first motorcycle on record had four wheels; acknowledged by both the American Motorcyclist Association and International Federation of Motorcyclists! From both of their web sites:

Gottlieb Daimler (who later teamed up with Karl Benz to form the Daimler-Benz Corporation) is credited with building the first motorcycle in 1885, one wheel in the front and one in the back, although it had a smaller spring-loaded outrigger wheel on each side. It was constructed mostly of wood, with the wheels being of the iron-banded wooden-spoked wagon-type, definitely a "bone-crusher" chassis.
Dang Don...I bet that article brought back memories of sitting around the shop watching those guys dream that machine up...